The workout is essential for mental health benefits, get better sleep, boost your immunity. Regular exercise is an essential component of a healthy lifestyle. But if your aim is to lose weight than working out will not be enough to make that happen. There are so much, that goes into weight loss and lose body fat. But if you are doing all things right and following your proper diet and lifestyle habits like sleep and stress than these exercises will help you to achieve that goal. Here is the list of the best exercise to lose weight, they are generally high intensity and they burn a lot of calories in a short period of time.
Best Exercise to Lose Weight:
1.) Swimming to Lose Weight
You will burn more than 500 calories per hour if you will do swimming. Swimming helps you to lose weight. It has been regularly praised for its cardiovascular health benefits especially for older people. It is the best exercise to lose weight.
- Swimming involves so many muscles of your body. Your lungs and heart work harder to supply them oxygen. That means swimming will give your cardiovascular system an excellent workout.
- Any exercise which makes you breathe a little heavier is good because it means your body is working hard. As your lungs and heart will get stronger, then you will be able to go longer before you get tired. Your resting heart rate will decrease and blood pressure will lower.
- Regular swimming while losing weight will improve your health and may reduce the risk of chronic illness, such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Many swimming strokes will help you to get different types of aerobic exercise thats why it is considered as the best exercise to lose weight.
- You just need to swim a few laps in the pool every day and you will see a huge difference in your waist line and fitness level without any damage to your knees or ankles.
2.) Jogging to Lose Weight
If you want to lose weight then jogging is one of the best exercises to lose weight. Jogging burns more calories than the almost all other forms of cardio exercise. Jogging can be your golden ticket to lose weight. You can lose weight from the 20-minute session of jogging.
- Set your weight loss goal. Track and record your weight each week to see the progress. Losing one to two Lb of weight per week is considered as healthy. One pound is equivalent to about 3,500 calories. So if you will burn 500 more calories than you consume each day, you will lose about a 1 lb in a week.
- Do regularly 20 minutes jogging session. A number of calories you will burn in each session depends on your weight height and running speed. You even calculate your burn calories by using health status calories burned estimator. If you are new at running then start with walking and gradually build up the time of your running.
- You can increase your intensity by running faster to burn more calories. A person whose weight is 150 lb, runs with the speed of 6 miles per hour for 20 minutes, burn about 228 calories. If you will increase your speed up to 8 miles per hour so you will burn 306 calories in 20 minutes.
3.) Dance to Reduce Weight
If you are looking for a fun way to tone up your body and lose weight. So why don’t you try to dance? Dance is considered as one of the best exercises to lose weight. Dance workout is becoming increasingly popular these days. There are many forms of dance that help in reducing weight. It is a fantastic form of exercise and very effective in burning calories. Regular exercise becomes boring for people, then dance appears as a pleasing and fun option.
- Freestyle- This dance form allows you to move freely without bothering about the dance steps or body movement. This is one of the easiest in all the dance forms. All the age group people can practice this form. It also makes your body flexible.
- Hip hop- It is an urban street form of dance which is most popular in night clubs. It is a high energy workout which is good for both beginners and veterans. This dance form allows to move hips and waist and thus helps to tone your abs. You can easily burn 250 calories in an hour of performing hip hop.
- Salsa- This is a latin American dance form that has gain a huge popularity in nightclubs and dance studios. Salsa basically consist of a pattern of six steps dance over eight counts of music along with several turns. You can burn 400 calories with an hour of salsa dance. It is a good choice for weight loss.
4.) Jumping Rope to Lose Weight
Now it’s time to go back to the good old day when you first learn how to skip rope. This tool is very cheap and portable. You can use it anywhere. After jumping a rope for a few minutes you will feel your heart rate racing. You can follow this routine or you can do on your own. Jumping rope is very effective and best exercise to lose weight.
- Warm up with a light three-minute skip with the rope.
- Use the traditional jumps. Both feet leave the floor at the same time.
- Once you finish traditional jumps, immediately start to do 100 jump rope sprints. Do regular jump in a quicker pace.
- Don’t skip your rope barefoot. If you will miss the skip, the rope will smack at the tip of your toe.
5.) Burpees to Lose Weight
This exercise targets your chest, core, and legs simultaneously. Feel the fat burn and know you are building lots of lean muscles. Burpees is high intensity and one of the best exercises to lose weight.
- Stand straight with your feet at the shoulder width. Then push your hips back, bent your knees and lower into the squat position.
- Place your hands on the floor in front of you and put your weight to them. jump back to land on your feet to come into the plank position.
- Jump your feet towards so that they can land just outside of your hands. Put your hands up and jump explosively into the air.
- Immediately lower back into a squat for the next rep. Repeat this step 8 to 12 times. Do 3 sets of this exercise.
6.) Squats to Reduce Weight
Squat are one of the best exercises to lose weight when you do them correctly. In this exercise, you engage your core and entire lower body.
- Position your feet width apart, put your arms in front of you or hold the weight. Keep your weight in your heels, start to lowering your legs and raise your arms in front of you.
- Lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor and keep your back straight. Always keep your knees in line with your toes.
- Maintain an even pace and rise back to a standing position. Repeat this steps 15 times. Do 3 sets of this exercise.
7.) Jump Squat To Shed Weight
Jump squat is very effective cardio exercise and considered as the best exercise to lose weight. It is often included in various weight loss regime. It helps in toning the thigh and working out the whole body. You need to stand straight with your feet at the shoulder width. Bend down as much as you can and come into the position of the perfect squat. While coming up you need to exit in a jump. Then again go down into a squat position and jump up. This is great intense workout which will keep your heart beat up and make you sweat. You will enjoy doing this exercise and also experience an weight loss by doing this exercise regularly.
8.) Tabata to Reduce Weight
Tabata is considered as one of the best exercise to lose weight. If your biggest excuse for skipping a workout is a shortage of time, then Tabata is made for you and your dream has come true to lose weight. It is designed like four minutes of high-intensity interval training that consist of 20 seconds of all your effort and 10 seconds of rest. Repeat it eight times. This exercise will spike your metabolism and heart rate in four minutes. If you are trying to lose weight, your body will quickly adapt to that interval exercise then you need to increase the volume or intensity to continue getting the benefit from this exercise.
9.) Cycling to Lose Weight
Interval training is any form of exercise where your heart spikes and then comes down repeatedly. This type of training keeps your heart rate elevated and increase your metabolism rate. Indoor cycling also comes in interval training. Though this exercise is more towards the cardio over strength. Cycling also requires the use of various muscles in your body like hamstring, quads, glutes and core for starter which once again translate to weight loss. The more muscles you will use the more calories you are going to burn because those all muscles require energy to work. The more energy you use the higher number of calorie you will burn. Cycling is one of the best exercises to lose weight.
10.) Weight Training
Lifting weight has shown to increase your resting metabolic rate, which means you will continue to burn calorie even after you will finish your workout. This process is called after burn effect. Adding weight training to your routine at least three times a week to lose weight. Your body adjust to workouts after being exposed to the same moves at the same intensity.