Where most of the women are looking for the ways to reduce weight there are some who want to gain weight instead. If you are one of them, this is a right place for you. Here we will discuss different ways to gain weight fast for women. It is essential to have your body weight, proportionate to your height. Your ideal body weight depends on your age, height, and gender. Being underweight can be due to excessive physical activity, too much fasting, skipping meals, emotional stress, lack of sleep, genetic factors, a weak digestive system, and some diseases like cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, hormonal imbalances, hyperthyroidism or anorexia. It is important to take steps to increase your body weight, especially for women, if you are too thin. Being underweight can lead to bone loss, infertility, heart problems, anemia, a weak immune system and frequent illness. You can use this following tips to gain weight fast.
Ways to Gain Weight Fast for Women:
1.) Consume an Additional 500 Calories Per Day
Adding another 500 calories to your diet everyday will lead to gain weight of half kg or a little more each week. This may not seem like a lot, but consuming too many additional calories a day can be bad for your body.
- If you will start doing exercise, you will need to consume more than 500 calories per day. In addition to the extra 500 calories you consume, add a number of extra calories you are burning off through the exercise.
- Calculate your ideal weight and make your diet plan according to your weight height and gender.
- Try to only take nutritious foods. You should consume extra calories from foods that are both nutritious and high in calories. Don’t eat too much junk food, if you eating too much junk food that means you risking your health and putting an unhealthy weight in order to gain weight fast for women.
2.) Consume Healthy Fats to Gain Weight Fast
Another way to gain weight fast for women is consuming healthy fats. Foods containing healthy fats are also full of nutrients and also high in calories, they are a great option to weight gain. It is best option to gain weight fast for women.
- Your first option should be foods containing plant fats such as nuts, peanut butter, seeds, avocados and olive oil.
- You can spread almond butter or peanut butter on toast, try to eat half avocado with every meal, eat handfuls of seeds or nuts as a snack and sprinkle olive oil over salads and veggies.
- You can also gain some healthy fats from animal sources but these foods also contain saturated fats, so you should eat them in moderation.
- Foods containing healthy animals fats include fat dairy products and lean meats. But if you have high cholesterol, you should stick to low-fat options.
3.) Drink more Calories to Gain Weight Fast
You can simply increase your calorie intake by consuming laden drinks. This will help you to gain weight very effectively without even harming your appetite or causing you to feel bloated. This is also a nice option to gain weight fast for women.
- Drink a large glass of orange juice in the mornings along with your normal breakfast because orange juice is high in calories and tasty and refreshing too.
- Drinking a glass of milk throughout the day because milk is full of fat and high in calories and also provide lots of calcium and protein. It is one of the best option for thinner people who are more prone to lower bone densities.
- If you’re working out, then protein shakes will help you to gain muscle mass, while on the other hand milkshakes are perfect for the occasional treat.
4.) Whet your Appetite for Weight Gain
If you find hard to feel hungry, then there are a few things you can do to increase your appetite and it will help to gain weight fast. Such things are a good source to gain weight fast for women.
- Exercise can make you feel hungry, so take a 30 to 60-minute walk before dinner or other big meal. It will encourage you to eat more food naturally.
- If you finding it hard to encourage yourself to eat more at first. You can prepare your favorite foods to get your body eating more.
- Most people are more interested in eating sweet foods than bland foods, so you can enhance the flavor of food. Add spices and herbs to create a more savory taste. Avoid herbs that are considered to suppress appetite, like mint.
- Don’t drink water between or before the meal because liquids will make you fill you up fast but do not keep you feel full for long. Drink water separately after 10 to 15 minutes of a meal.
5.) Take High-Calorie and Nutrient-Dense Foods
There are certain foods that are nutritionally healthy but also high in calories. Go for these types of foods they will help you to gain weight fast and even keep you healthy.
- Grain- Eat heavy bread like pumpernickel and whole wheat grain bread and take dense cereals with granola. Bagels, Bran muffins, and wheat germ are also a good option.
- Fruit- Consider eating more pineapples, raisins, bananas, dried fruit, and avocados because starchy food is much better than water-rich fruits.
- Vegetables- Try peas, potatoes, corn, and winter squash because starchy vegetables are better than water-rich vegetables.
- Dairy Product- Consider cheese, frozen yogurt, ice cream, and whole milk.
- Proteins- Consider eating seeds, nut, butter, nuts, and hummus.
6.) Gain Muscle Mass to Gain Fat
It’s a good idea to continue to exercise while you are trying to gain weight fast in a healthy way. However, it’s probably the best to stop doing the cardio because you will not like to burn off those gained calories and focus on strength training.
- Strength training includes working out with weights and performing exercises such as squats, bench presses, deadlifts, bicep curls, crunches, leg curls, and chin-ups.
- If you have never done strength training before, it’s a good to take the help of a personal trainer who can show you how to do the exercises correctly and safely.
- You need to keep in mind that the more exercise you will do the more calories you need to consume to replace those you lost while working out. But exercise will automatically increase your appetite.
7.) Increase your Portion Sizes to Gain Weight Fast
Another way to gain weight fast for women is increasing their portion sizes. Try to eat just a little bit more with each meal than you normally eat, even if you have to push yourself slightly past your comfort zone.
- Over the time, your stomach will adjust to the bigger portion size and you will eventually start to eat more.
- Try serving your food on larger plates, this is a very good method to trick your mind. Your brain will think that you are eating less but in actual you will be eating more.
8.) Indulge in a Midnight Snack for Weight Gain
One should avoid eating after 7:00 pm. However, if you are trying to gain weight fast, you can do opposite thing. So girls, there is no as such time limit for you, you can eat whenever you feel like.
- Try to eat late dinner or have a snack immediately before you go to bed. It is a very good way to give your body extra calories that it will not burn off.
- The body builds lean tissue and more muscle when you sleep. Eating a snack before bed will supply the nutrients to your body it needs to build lean tissue as you sleep.
9.) Eat Protein to Gain Weight Fast
Protein-rich foods are very beneficial for women especialy if you trying to gain weight healthily. Protein helps in building lean muscles. Eating protein is particularly important if you are planning on doing strength gaining exercises.
- Fish, poultry, eggs, whole grains, lean meat, dairy products and legumes are good sources of protein. You should try to consume at least 5oz of protein per day.
- You can also increase your protein intake by taking a protein supplement, drinking protein shakes, juices, and smoothies.
10.) Cook Using Oil or Butter to Gain Weight Fast
You can increase your calorie intake with each meal without even eating more. Cook food using oil or butter. This is also a nice way to gain weight fast for women.
- Try to fry your vegetables in butter, or drizzling olive oil over cooked veggies and salads. Simply by adding a tablespoon of these fats, you are adding 100 calories in each dish.
- It also important not to use over when cooking in fat because too much can be unhealthy for your health. Try to use only healthy fats like canola, olive, or safflower oil. Avoid using unhealthy fat like margarine or lard.
11.) Rest Well to Gain Weight
Try to take at least 8 hours of sleep a day, especially if you are doing strength training or taking more protein. Your body builds muscle and lean tissue when you sleep. Getting an enough amount of sleep will help you to build sufficient muscle mass.
12.) Quit Smoking for Weight Gain
Smoking is not only bad for your lungs and overall health but it also suppresses your appetite. If you cannot quit smoking so try at least avoid smoking several hours before you eat a major meal.