A boil is an infection that manifests themselves as pus-filled bumps on the skin. It normally starts to appear on your skin as a red spot, then later they becomes hard bumps as it fills with pus. They tend to become painful and increase in size in a few days when pus build up and that boils can even spread to the other skin areas. Boils is an acute infection of a hair follicle, and also known as a skin abscess, and its other name is furuncle in medical terms. They are mostly caused by the staphylococcal bacteria and the factors like damaged hair follicle, weak immune system, harsh chemical, poor hygiene, infected sweat gland and poor nutrition make you more susceptible to develop boils. Boils can occur on the face, armpit, back of the neck, inner thigh, and buttock. Use these following remedy to get rid of boils.
Remedies to Get Rid of Boils:
1.) Turmeric to Treat Boils
Turmeric has an anti- inflammatory and antiseptic property that can heal up the process of boils. The compound curcumin found in turmeric is responsible for curing boils and helps to relieve pain.
- Mix some water in a turmeric powder to form a thick paste. You can also make the paste by mixing turmeric powder with vinegar and milk cream.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it for thirty minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can apply this remedy to get rid of boils in multiple times a day.
- This will help to cause your boil ripen faster and pops on its own in a couple of days. Add some organic apple cider vinegar and milk cream to increase the potency of the paste.
- Alternatively. you can add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk and drink it before going to bed. You can also add turmeric in your food while cooking. Consuming turmeric daily will help you to fight from the inside.
2.) Keep Affected Area Clean
Keep affected area clean because bacteria can inflame and infect the boil even more. Keeping affected area clean will inhibit the growth of infection causing bacteria if comes in contact with the boil.
- Avoid letting anyone else touch the affected area because they may have more bacteria that can worsen the infection.
- Wash the affected area with the mild antibacterial soap.
- Dry the area with the towel by dabbing the area. Wash your hands after touching or treating the boil.
- Wash everything that comes in contact with your boil such as sheets, clothing and even the washcloth which you used as a compress.
3.) Tea Tree oil to Get Rid of Boils
Tea tree oil is an excellent remedy to get rid of boils because it has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It is also an anti- inflammatory agent. Tea tree oil is an herbal treatment that can be used to treat reoccurring boil. Soak a cotton swab in tea tree oil. Apply it on the affected area. Do this at least two to three times a day for the faster result.
- You can also mix a few drop of tea tree oil in a bowl of warm water.
- You can also mix a little lavender oil if you want.
- Soak a washcloth in the solution and compress it on the affected skin for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat it several times a day and get a quick result.
4.) Onion to Get Rid of Boils
Onion helps to fight skin infection and speed up the healing process because it has antiseptic property. It also helps to reduce inflammation and alleviates pain. When the juice of onion comes in contact with the boils, it acts as an irritant and antimicrobial agent. This property of onion helps to draw out the heat from the boil and promote eruption.
- Cut an onion into thick slices. Put the onion slice on the boil and cover them with a cloth.
- Change onion slices in every 2 to 3 hours until the boil erupts and drains.
5.) Garlic to Cure Boils Naturally
Garlic’s antibacterial property makes it an effective remedy for boils. Garlic juice helps to erupt the boil so it opens up and pus drains out.
- Take 2 to 3 cloves of garlic and gently crush them to extract the juice out of it.
- Use cotton to apply the juice on the boil. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes then rinse it off with distilled water.
- Repeat the process two to three times a day for better result.
- Alternatively, you can also make a garlic paste and add turmeric powder if you want. Then leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day. This will help to control the infection and speed up the healing process.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Boils
Apple cider vinegar acts as a natural antiseptic and has microbial property. It helps to fight skin infection. Thus it is one of the best remedies for skin infection like boils and others.
- Add some water to dilute apple cider vinegar and use cotton to apply it on the affected area. Leave if for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash off with distilled water. Repeat this process several times a day to open up boil and get drain.
- You can also mix apple cider vinegar with equal amount of honey. Apply it on the affected area. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this process twice a day.
7.) Milk Cream to Get Rid of Boils
Milk cream is considered as the effective remedy to get rid of boils. It helps to soften the surface of boil so the head breaks and the pus flow out.
- Apply some milk on the boils. Leave it for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rinse it off with clean water and repeat the process few times a day.
- You can also mix one teaspoon of milk cream with vinegar and turmeric and make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat the process few times a day.
- This remedy will help to speed up the healing process and reduce the chance of infection.
8.) Cover Your Boils
Before examining and caring your boils. The first thing you need to do is always wash your hands extremely well. Then cover you boils with some gauze or bandages. They can help to protect the skin from outside irritant. Never try to squeeze the boils this is the worst thing you can do to your boils. Don’t use any sharp instrument like a pin or needle to pop or cut the boil because this increases the risk of spreading infection. If the pus comes to a head, gently wipe away it. Then cover the wound with a bandage so it can heal.
9.) Indian Lilac to Treat Boils
Indian Lilac has antiseptic and antibacterial property. It is also known margosa. Grind a handful of Indian Lilac leaves into a paste.
- You can also add turmeric powder if you want.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with clean water and repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can also add Indian Lilac leaves in a cup of water and dry out more than half of water.
- Cool the solution and rinse the affected area with the solution few times a day.
10.) Cornmeal to Cure Boils
Cornmeal has an absorbing property which can rescue you when you want to quickly get rid of boils. It soothes the skin and does a wonder in treating the boils.
- Mix a spoonful of cornmeal with hot water to make a paste.
- The mixture should be thick so don’t use more water.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and cover the area with the piece of cloth.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and repeat the process at least 2 to 3 times a day until the boils erupt and pus drains out.
11.) Use Hot Compress
Applying heat on the affected area will increase the circulation of blood and allow antibodies and white blood cells to fight the infection faster.
- Soak a cloth in a warm water and squeeze out the excess water and press it over the boil.
- Repeat this process continuously throughout the day until the boil erupts and pus drains out.
- Clean the area with disinfectant and apply an ointment to prevent any further infection.
12.) Saltwater Solution to Treat Boils
Salt water helps to draw out pus and dry out a boil. Take a washcloth soaked in saltwater. Only use a saltwater once your boil has popped. You can purchase a saline solution from the pharmacy or you can make your own solution. Mix one tablespoon of salt in a cup of hot water. Dip a washcloth in the mixture and clean the boils from it.