It doesn’t matter if you are 20 years old or more mature adult, this is the last thing you would like to happen with you. It is not a problem which requires medical attention, they just simply make you feel and look older which you would not like to happen with you. Heredity, aging, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of the computer, physical and mental stress, lack of sleep, dry skin and unhealthy diet are some of the main causes of puffy eyes. Both men and women of different age group can have under eye bags. By changing lifestyle certain habits and taking care of dietary and lifestyle or by using some easy remedies can help to easily get rid of under eye bags.
Ways to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
1.) Put on Some Concealer to Hiding puffy Eyes
If you are going to a party or urgently need to get rid of under eye bags. So in short-term you can conceal your puffy with a little makeup, it is the quickest and most effective solution. Using the right makeup can greatly reduce the appearance of bags and will help you to look fresh all the day. You can follow these steps to apply concealing makeup.
- First, you need to choose a concealer that matches your skin color. If your eye bags are dark, so you can go for one lighter shade. You can easily apply concealer with the help of cotton ball or with your finger. Make sure to dab it properly instead of rubbing it into your skin.
- You can also apply a matte powder with a brush of powder to help it set and stay in place all day. Use a blush brush to apply a little powder under your eyes.
2.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Cucumber is the very effective remedy. It has astringent as well as cooling properties which are widely used to treat dark circles and puffy eyes. This remedy can lighten the color of the skin and increase the blood flow and reduce the puffiness in your eye.
- You need to cut a cucumber into thick slices then keep that thick slices into the refrigerator. Let them out and place cool slices over each eye for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash off the area with lukewarm water. Use this method twice or thrice a day to see the changes.
- You can also grate a cucumber and extract the juices from it. Refrigerate it for a few minutes. Dip a cotton ball into the juice and apply it under the eyes. Let it absorb into the skin for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy two to three times a day to get rid of under eye bags.
- Or you can use another way. Mix cucumber juice with equal amount of lemon juice. Apply this solution on the skin near the eyes using a cotton ball. Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes, then wash it off with water. Apply this remedy once or twice a day to see the positive result.
3.) Change your Sleeping Position to Treat Under Eye Bags
People who sleep one side or on their stomach have a more chance of waking up under eye bags because this position allows fluid to collect under the eyes during the night. Those people who sleep one side usually notice that eye on the side they sleep on has a larger bag than the eye on the other side.
- Try to sleep on your back rather than sleeping on your stomach or one side. It is not easy to change your sleeping position, at beginning you will feel little difficulty in getting used it but gradually you will start to feel comfortable. You can try to take the pillow to your sides to make it easier to sleep on your back.
- If you are a back sleeper use a second pillow under your head, with your head in a slightly downward angle, so that the fluid will not collect under your eyes at night.
4.) Change your dietary habits to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
It is fine to take some salty dinner with a few cocktail occasionally, but if you will make it a daily habit of drinking alcohol and eating a salt. It can cause a long-term effect on your eye bags. Years of water retention in the facial area can permanently lead to stretched out bags. If you want to prevent this from happening to you, you can try making following changes.
- You need to reduce the amount of salt you take in your everyday life. Try to cutting it half. You will be surprised that how flavorful can be food without adding a lot of salt into it. Try to cut out the salt in the food you cooked. Avoid taking salt altogether at dinnertime because your body would not have time to balance things out before you sleep.
- Try to drink less alcohol because drinking alcohol can cause water retention. The less you will drink the less puffy your eyes would look in the morning. If you drink at night, so try to take an equal amount of water with each drink.
5.) Use Teabags to Treat Under Eye Bags
Tannin present in the tea bags can help to ease down under eye bags. You can use any tea bag for this purpose however, green tea is the best.
- You need to boil a water and put two tea bags into the water.
- Bob it up and down until they are soaked through.
- Then remove that tea bag and put them on a plate to let them cool.
- Lie down on the comfortable place and place the soaked teabag over each eye.
- After a few minutes remove the tea bag, this is a very effective remedy to get rid of under eye bags.
- After using this remedy check your eyes into the mirror your eyes will look less puffy.
6.) Potatoes to Cure Under Eye Bags
Potatoes are also very effective to get rid of under eye bags. The starch present in potatoes has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the puffy eyes. This remedy is also effective to treat dark circles.
- Take a potato and peel the skin of it.
- Then grate the potato and put it into the clean cloth and tie it up.
- Place the cloth under the eye bags for several minutes
- Use this remedy several times a day to get rid of under eye bags.
7.) Aloe Vera to Treat Under Eye Bags
Aloe has antioxidant and vitamin E which are very effective in reducing the puffiness under the eyes and also keep away wrinkles and fine lines. It also improves the blood circulation and flush out the fluids around the eyes and reduce swelling.
When you will apply aloe vera gel into under your eyes, you need to take care of that, it does not get in your eyes. If you don’t have aloe vera plant in your house so you can also buy aloe vera extract from the market.
8.) Strawberries to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Strawberry contains alpha hydroxyl acid which can help to make your skin look smooth and young. It also helps to get to get rid of the eye under eye bags.
- You need to chill some strawberries in the refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the tops and slice the strawberries into thick pieces.
- Comfortably lie down and place the slices under your eyes for several minutes to treat under eye bags.
9.) Drink plenty of water to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Under eye, bags are most of the time caused by the retention of water due to the high salt concentration in the area. If you will wake up in the morning after eating a salty dinner or lots of crying, salt can draw water to your face and cause it to collect under the eyes.
- Drink lots of water to flush excess salt from your body. Try to avoid salty food.
- Or stay away from the drink that can make you dehydrated like alcohol and coffee.
10.) Cold water to Treat Puffy Eyes
Cold water is one of the most common and simple remedies to get rid of under eye bags. It also helps to constrict the blood vessel and lessen swelling.
- You need to just simply splash your face with ice-cold water. Do this few times a day.
- Or you can take some ice cubes, wrap them into the washcloth and place it on your eyes. repeat this process until the swelling is gone.