There are no shortcuts in growing long and strong hair but you can enhance the process of growing. On average, hair grows about half an inch per month. Many things depend on your hair growth like your general health, well-being, and genetic factors etc. But you can encourage hair growth by maintaining a healthy diet, massaging your hair and proper hair care. Certain herbs can help you grow long hair. The main cause of thinning hair and hair fall is more use of a chemical based product like shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, hair gel etc. These products contain sulfate, silicon and many other harmful chemicals There are also other reasons like stress and pregnancy that leads hair fall. Apart from it, deficiency of the certain nutrient can also hinders the hair growth. Read more, remedies to grow long hair.
Ways to Grow Long Hair:
1.) Don’t Trim your Hair Every Month
You might have heard from many people even from the hairstylists that cutting your hair an inch to half or one inch every month, but honestly, this will not work for you. Because your hair grows a half an inch every month, so if you will cut them an inch to half or an inch off every month , how they will grow?
- Make sure to cut all your damaged hair off before you start to grow long hair because damaged, long hair doesn’t look pretty.
- But, before you start growing long hair, make sure your hair are healthy and not damaged. Hair growth starts at the roots, but the damage of hair is concentrated near the tips. Prevent the damaged hair from traveling up the shaft of your hair by stopping it in its tracks and cut the damaged part.
2.) Egg to Grow Long Hair
Egg is highly beneficial and very effective for faster hair growth because it is rich in protein. It also contains sulfur, iron, phosphorus, selenium and zinc. You can make an egg hair mask and use this mask at least once a month.
- Or you can use another method, whisk an egg and mix two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in one cup of milk, and then you can add juice from half a lemon to it if you want. Apply this mask on your scalp and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, wash it out with shampoo.
- Mix two egg yolks with two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Apply this on your scalp. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and then shampoo your hair.
- Whisk an egg and mix four tablespoons of grapeseed oil and a few drops of lavender oil. Apply this hair mask on your hair and scalp and leave it on for half an hour. then rinse it off with shampoo.
3.) Aloe Vera to Get long Hair Naturally
Aloe Vera encourages hair growth and prevents hair loss. It also helps to get rid of dandruff and restore your hair’s natural shine. Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin A, C, E. It also contains many minerals, fatty acid, amino acid and protein for hair growth and many useful enzymes like salicylic and lignin. It has many properties it does not only help in hair growth but it is also useful for skin related problem redness, boils, and acne. Aloe Vera contains many antioxidants which work to rejuvenate hair follicles and promotes hair growth. It is clinically proven that Aloe Vera has no side effect. It reduces dandruff and prevent hair loss and makes your hair look healthier and stronger.
- Cut an Aloe Vera leaf into two pieces and extract the gel out of it. Mix the gel with a little lemon juice. Apply this remedy on your hair and scalp. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Then shampoo your hair. Use this remedy one or two times a week.
- You can also mix Aloe Vera gel with equal amounts of coconut milk and wheat germ oil, then apply it on your hair.
- Alternatively, drink Aloe Vera juice on a regular basis. it will internally help you.
4.) Castor Oil to Grow Long Hair
Castor oil is very thick and it has been used since long as a remedy to promote hair growth naturally. It moistens dry hair and manage tangles. It can also make your hair grow thicker and longer. Castor oil is made from the oil of Ricinus communis plant which is rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acid, and omega-9 fatty acid which is useful for skin and hair. It is also used as the main ingredient in many beauty products.
- You can also add essential oils like rosemary, eucalyptus, peppermint, thyme or lavender oil with the castor oil and then apply it to your hair.
- Castor oil is quite viscous, so mix it with an equal amount of coconut, almond or olive oil. Massage your scalp with this mixture and leave it for 30 to 40 minutes. Then rinse your hair with shampoo.
5.) Massage for Hair Growth
Massaging stimulates the hair follicles because it promotes blood flow to the scalp. Deep condition your hair with a hot oil treatment once a week helps to grow long hair
- Next morning rinse the oil or conditioner out of your hair.
- Prefer to massage your hair before going to bed.
- Gently massage from your fingers on your scalp in a circular motion for three to five minutes to promote blow flow.
- Apply warm oil or conditioner to your hair.
6.) Eat Healthy to Get Beautiful Hair
Take a diet rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is essential for healthy hair growth. Go for foods high in vitamins A, B, C, and E, zinc, iron, copper, selenium and magnesium. Don’t forget to add Vitamin B-complex because it is extremely important for making your hair grow faster.
- Include a variety of foods like cheese, milk, yogurt, chicken, eggs, whole grains, salmon, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers,avocado, parsley, grapefruit, brown bread, oats, and alfalfa in your diet to nourish your scalp and hair. Or you can drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices, such as orange, carrot, grapefruit, beet, and lettuce juice.
- Walnuts, Fish, flax seeds, beans, olive oil, winter squash and other foods are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These foods are good for hair growth as about 3% of a hair shaft is made up of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Deficiency of Vitamin E and zinc lead to hair thinning and loss. Avoid nutritional deficiencies because they tend to affect your hair adversely.
7.) Avoid Chemical Product to Stop Hair Fall
Look for the ingredients present in the hair products. Always try to choose natural products or make your own. Many products contain chemicals, which can damage your hair and make them dry. Avoid products that contain following things.
- Sulphate– It is mostly found in all the hair shampoos. It is a harsh cleanser that removes out the natural oil from your hair and dries them out.
- Alcohol– It is used in hairspray, gels, and many other hair styling products. Alcohol dries out your hair and removes the natural shine of your hair.
- Silicone– Almost all the conditioner contain silicon. Silicon weighted down your hair and them dull.
8.) Stay Stress-free to Prevent Hair Loss
Stress is one of the most important reasons that contribute to hair loss. It is believed that stress can disrupt the normal hair cycle and trigger hairs to enter the telogen or fall-out phase. So when you are trying to grow long hair, minimize the stress in your life.
To manage stress, you can use meditation, breathing exercises, or other relaxation techniques. Plus, be sure to get your beauty sleep as the growth hormone is released during sleep.
9.) Protect your Hair from the Sun
Exposure to UVB and UVA rays present in sunlight can strip your hair down and damage it over time. Try to minimize your exposure to direct sunlight. Don’t even do tanning more than a few hours a day. When you are in the sun, keep your hair under wraps in a hat or scarf.
10.) Address Medical Problems to Get Long and Strong Hair
The medical problem like a hormonal imbalance, thyroid disorder, chronic illness, or a severe infection hinders the growth of the hair. So if you have major hair fall then seek for a medical help.
Tips for Long Hair:
- In addition to these tips, you can try some home remedies such as Indian gooseberry, fenugreek paste, a mayonnaise hair pack, and other healthy hair ideas.
- Scalp infections and Seborrheic dermatitis also cause issues like itchy scalp and mild hair loss. So, identify these problems address them as soon as possible so they don’t become a hurdle in your hair growth efforts.
- Certain medications like beta-blockers, birth control pills, anabolic steroids, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, and others also contribute to problems such as hair thinning and hair loss.