Acne can sometimes be very painful and can give you embarrassing scars. It is important to remove acne scars which are an unwelcomed reminder of the bad skin condition. There are some acne scars which fade away on their own over time. But there are few things you can do to remove acne scars quickly. And you can even avoid further hyperpigmentation.
To be honest, you won’t be able to remove acne scars magically in a single night. The scars are very rigid and stubborn. They rarely move from their place, even after trying various expensive creams. But with the help of remedies, treatments, skincare tips and products you may see some noticeable difference in the scars over time. You just need to identify your skin type and select the right method accordingly. Home remedies are very pocket-friendly and are very easy to use. They do not have any side effects but have only benefits. Read more, to remove acne scars.
Ways to Remove Acne Scars:
1.) Aloe Vera to Cure Acne Scars
Fresh Aloe Vera gel is a very effective remedy to remove acne scars. It is a good source of vitamins which are beneficial to fade away the scars and heal the skin. You don’t have to get worried about the future damaging and irritating skin, as aloe vera is very gentle to the skin.
It works as a wonderful natural moisturizer, as it makes your skin look healthier and feel softer. You may get Aloe Vera gel in any drug store or pharmacy, but fresh and natural aloe vera is best indeed. Potted Aloe Vera is too easy to look for as it requires almost no maintenance. It grows without any chemical fertilizers. Using fresh Aloe is very effective to remove acne scars.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and clean it.
- Cut the leaf vertically from the center.
- Scoop out all the Aloe gel.
- Massage your skin gently with the gel.
- Leave the gel on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
2.) Baking Soda to Remove Acne Scars
Baking soda is commonly available in houses as it has hundreds of benefits, including removing acne scars. It is a composition of sodium bicarbonate crystals which helps to exfoliate skin when used as a skin cleanser. Soda helps to remove acne scars. It also prevents further blemishes and skin pores.
- Take a bowl and add few teaspoons of baking soda.
- Add water to make a thick paste
- Apply the mixture on the skin area where you have scars.
- Massage your skin with the paste using it as your skin scrub.
- Let the scrub settle on your skin for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
- Apply little moisturizer on your skin.
- Repeat this once, every day to see great results.
3.) Coconut Oil to treat Acne Scars
Coconut oil is the best and well considered when it comes to natural moisturizers. It is famous for all its skin properties as well. This oil does not require a wash whenever applied on the skin, as the vitamins and the fatty acids continue their work and improve the skin quality as long as you wear it.
You might feel the heaviness of the oil, but keeping it on for as long as possible would help more to remove acne scars.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of coconut oil in your palm.
- Let it melt and come to your body temperature.
- Use your fingertips to massage your scarred skin.
- Massage your skin till the oil soak into your skin.
- Avoid washing or rinsing off the oil.
- If important, keep the oil on for 30 minutes.
- Use the natural cleanser to remove the oil from your skin.
4.) Cucumbers to Cure Acne Scars
Cucumber is an important and beneficial ingredient for facial treatments because of its all good properties. This is not only a good hydrating vegetable but also contains magnesium, vitamin C, and vitamin A. All of these things are great for skin. This is a very easy remedy to remove acne scars.
- Pick an organic cucumber from your refrigerator.
- Cut off few thin slices of cucumber.
- Lay the slices of cucumber on your scarred skin.
- Keep the slices on for 30 minutes.
- Discard the cucumber slices and rinse your skin with cool water.
5.) Honey to Remove Acne Scars
Another natural moisturizer which comes to mind when we think to remove acne scars is honey. The best way to use honey is using it raw and not the processed kind easily found in grocery stores. To get the natural and organic honey of best quality, you can try to get them from the health care store or the local farmer’s market.
- Take a little amount of honey in a bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon per two tablespoon honey.
- Mix the ingredients and make a cleanser.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin.
- Use this remedy as often you like.
6.) Lemon to Cure Acne Scars
Lemon is highly rich in natural alpha-hydroxy (AHA) acid which is helpful to remove acne scars, revitalize the skin and to promote healing. You can directly use lemon on your skin as it is not harmful at all. But if you have sensitive skin, you can dilute the lemon juice with water. It is advised to stay indoors and away from sunlight, as lemon juice makes the skin more sensitive to UV radiation.
- Take a fresh lemon and cut it in half.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice.
- Apply this over the scars.
- Leave it on and let it dry.
- Wash the affected area with cool water.
- Apply a natural moisturizer on the skin
- Try this remedy to remove acne scars once every two or three days.
7.) Potato Juice to Heal Acne Scars
Potato is another very rich vegetable in vitamins and minerals, which are essential for skin and very helpful to heal it. This remedy can help you to remove acne scars quickly and effortlessly. Potato can help you to get rid of pimples and skin blemishes.
- Take a fresh potato and wash it properly.
- Cut a few thin slices of the potato.
- Massage the skin with the slices of potato.
- You can also use potato juice.
- Apply the juice with a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- Try this remedy once in a day.
8.) Rose Hip Seed Oil to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Rose hip seed oil is great to make your skin healthy. To take maximum benefits from this oil, make sure that you use organic rosehip seed oil. This nongreasy and very light treatment helps you to remove acne scars.it has all the essential fatty acids and is a perfect concentration of trans-recto acid, which is a natural form of vitamin A.
- Take few drops of oil in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball in it.
- Apply this on the affected area.
- Leave it overnight.
- Try this twice each day to remove acne scars.
9.) Sugar Scrub to Cure Acne Scar
Making a homemade sugar scrub can help you to remove acne scars easily. It has glycolic acid and AHA which helps in removing the dead skin and helps to regenerate cells.
- Take sugar and virgin oil In the ratio of 2:1 in a bowl.
- Add few drops of lemon juice in the mixture and make a scrub of it.
- Apply this scrub on the scars.
- Leave it on for 15minutes and wash it with water.
- Apply a natural moisturizer.
- Repeat this remedy, once every two-three days to remove acne scars.
10.) Vitamin E to Treat Acne Scars
Vitamin E is best available in capsules. It heals the skin and removes all the scars. Vitamin e makes the skin clean and more glowing.
- Take a vitamin e capsule and clean it.
- Puncture the gel capsule from the end.
- Squeeze out the gel on your fingertip.
- Apply the gel directly to the affected area.
- You can even mix the gel with your daily moisturizer.
Tips and Tricks to Remove Acne Scars
- Avoid using the scrub on new pimples, as they can lead to acne scars.
- When the pimples have retreated, don’t forget to remove the dead skin cells regularly to avoid the regeneration of the same.
- To retain the glow of the skin, drink plenty of water and eat loads of fruits.
- Do not touch or squeeze a pimple to avoid a scar on your skin.
- Wash your face regularly and keep it dust free.
- Avoid using chemicals to your skin.