The blister is a fluid filled mark or spot underneath the skin caused due to contraction of skin or ligament. Our endodermis is filled with a fluid called serum. When the amount of this serum is increased the skin becomes swelled. When these blisters occurs, it is painful and difficult to touch, swelled and uncomfortable. It can occur at on foot, arms, tongue, burn etc. chemical exposure, exposure to extreme temperatures, allergic reaction, sunburn are the causes of blister.depending on the cause and allocation it can form in different sizes. Tender skin, pain swelling and inflammation are the symptoms of the blister. you can use these remedies to treat a blister.
Ways to Treat a Blister:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Blister
Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which are very effective remedy to treat a blister. it can prevent infection and reduce the pain and inflammation. it contains citric acid which has low pH value. Apple cider vinegar kills the bacteria by lowering down it pH. It helps to soothe the blister. It not only treat the blister but also prevent it from further spreading.
- Take apple cider vinegar and dip a cotton ball into the solution of it. Apply it around the affected area and let it dry on its own. If it stings then you need to dilute the apple cider vinegar with water first.
- Or you can use another method. Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with half teaspoon of onion paste. Apply this mixture on the affected area. Then let it dry on its own. When it will get dry, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this remedy twice a day for a few days to get rid of a blister.
2.) Peppermint to Treat a Blister
Peppermint is an excellent ingredient to get rid of the blister. It contains menthol which has cooling properties. It also has soothing properties which will give you relief from inflammation, swelling, and itching. Peppermint also helps to prevent the infection from further spreading.
- Take some fresh leaves, then crush it to make a paste
- You can also add honey for the better result.
- Apply this paste on the affected area let it dry for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When it will get dry then wash if off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy at least once a day to heal the blister.
- This remedy will give you excellent result without any side effects.
3.) Turmeric to Cure Blister
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic ingredient that has its own benefits to treat a blister. it has antibiotic properties that help to kill bacteria. It will provide relief from inflammation, itching, and redness. This herb is easily available and has no side effects. turmeric has healing properties that will alleviate pain and inflammation. it is antiseptic in nature that will help to prevent infection.
- You need to mix half teaspoon of turmeric powder with enough amount of water or pure rosewater to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the blister and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for a few days.
- Warm a glass of milk and add turmeric in it. Drink this glass of milk before going to bed to speed up the healing process.
4.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat a Blister
Tea tree oil is one of the best and effective remedies to treat blister due to its powerful antimicrobial properties. it is even used to treat a bacterial, viral, and fungal infection. It also has antibacterial and astringent properties that help to get rid of a blister. it can even reduce the risk of infection. You can use this oil to treat sores, rough skin, acne, warts and other skin related problems. It can even reduce even reduce the risk of an infection. When you will use this oil so don’t forget to dilute it first because it can cause irritation undiluted.
- You can dilute one part of tea tree oil with three parts of plain water or any vegetable oil
- Take cotton ball and dip in this diluted solution
- Apply this on the affected area.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes, the rinse it off with cold water
- Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for a few days to get rid of a blister.
- You can also use an ointment made with tea tree oil to treat a blister.
5.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Blister
Aloe Vera is very effective to treat a blister. it has anti-inflammatory that helps to reduce the redness and swelling. It also helps to keep the skin hydrated and heal it faster. it also helps to reduce the risk of infection. It has natural smoothening properties.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into two pieces. Extract the gel from Aloe Vera plant and apply it on the affected area. let it dry on its own. Then rinse if off with lukewarm water.
- Or you can use another method. Prepare a mixture of equal amount of vitamin E oil and Aloe Vera gel. Then apply it on the affected area and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for 3 to 4 day to get rid of a blister.
6.) Basil to Treat a Blister
Basil leaves is a very efficient herb to treat the problem of a blister. it has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties that are responsible for treating blister.
- You can take a raw basil leaf with a glass of water. This will help to heal the blister internally.
- Or you can make a paste by crushing a few basil leaves then apply this paste on the affected area and let it dry for about 10 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
- Use this remedy at least once a day until the blister is healed. This will give you excellent result without any side effects.
7.) Epsom Salt to Cure a Blister
Epsom salt is an easy and safest way to treat a blister. It works on that way, it dries out an unpopped blister and encourages it to drain. Epsom salt is high in magnesium and helps to reduce the pain, inflammation, and swelling. It also prevents infection.
- Fill a bath tub with warm water and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt, stir it thoroughly.
- Soak your affected area in this water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then remove your affected area and pat dry, then apply a coating of vitamin E oil petroleum jelly.
- Use this remedy once a day for a few days.
- Once the blister will pop so it can sting so discontinue using it.
8.) Castor Oil to Treat a Blister
Castor oil is very beneficial for the treatment of blister. it consists of oil which nourishes the skin. it helps to bring back the new skin and help in shedding the old ones. Castor oil also heals marks which are left after the blister. It reduces itchiness and helps the healing process.
- Simply put some castor oil on the blister and leave it for overnight. Use this remedy 2 to three times a day to treat a blister. soon you will see it dry out.
- Or you can 3 teaspoons of castor oil with half cup fo white vinegar. Rub this solution gently on the affected area several times a day for a few days to get rid of the blister.
9.) Green Tea to Cure a Blister
The compound present in green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the pain and swelling caused by a blister. Green has several antioxidants and vitamins that help to heal the blister quickly.
- First, you need to put a green tea bag in a cup of hot water and steep it for about 5 minutes. Then remove the tea bag and let it cool on its own. Put the moist tea bag on the blister for a few minutes. Then repeat 4 to 5 times a day for a few days.
- Or you can drink green tea 2 to 3 times a day to increase your healing process.
10.) Cold Compress to Treat a Blister
Ice is known as the soothing agent that gives you relief from all kinds of skin problems. Ice numbs the affected area by slowing down the blood flow. It gives the relief from the pain. it cures the itching, inflammation, and redness.
- Take a few piece of ice and wrap it in the cloth. Then apply it on the affected area and hold it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Or you can directly apply it on the blister but remember that don’t keep it for a longer period of time.