Scabies is a contagious skin condition that causes intense itching, it is commonly seen in children and young adults. It spread through when an uninfected person comes in direct contact with infected person. Mostly this disease spread in the crowded area. Scabies is caused by mite known as known as Sarcoptes Scabiei. They can survive up to the month in human skin or living thing. This disease generally appears on the buttock shoulder blades soles of the feet, under the breast, between the fingers, on the knee, near the elbow, in the armpit, and around the genital area. Itching, intense pain, rashes and redness around the infected area are the symptoms of scabies. There are over the counter as well as prescription medicines for scabies. You can also treat scabies using these remedies.
Remedies to Treat Scabies:
1.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Scabies
Tea tree oil has a compound called terpinen-4-ol. This compound helps to kill the parasite that causes scabies. It also has disinfectant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiseptic, antiparasitic, antifungal and wound-healing properties that make tea tree oil an effective remedy to treat scabies.
- Add one tablespoon of tea tree oil and mix it with olive oil. Apply this solution with the help of cotton swab on the affected area. use this remedy two times a day for two to three weeks to treat scabies. It will help to decrease the swelling and pain and will also speed up the healing process.
- Or you can pour 10 to 12 drops of tea oil in a bathtub filled with warm water. Soak in this water two times a day for a week to see the positive result.
- Pregnant and nursing women should not use tea tree oil. If you have sensitive skin, so first test the solution on a small area because it can irritate your skin.
2.) Indian Lilac Oil to Treat Scabies
Indian Lilac is a very effective remedy, it is used to treat many skin related problem including scabies. It has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that can eliminate fungus and bacteria habiting in the skin. the smell of the Indian lilac is very strong and prevent scabies from reproducing.
- You can directly apply pure Indian lilac on the affected area, then gently massage this oil until the oil penetrates deep into the skin. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, then take bath. Use this remedy once a day for a few weeks to prevent the infection from spreading.
- You can make an antiseptic cream from the Indian oil. Mix two ounces of Indian with an equal amount of grounded turmeric powder. Apply this cream on the affected area two to three times a day. This cream will help to soothe itching and speeds up the healing process.
3.) Turmeric to Treat Scabies
Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can give the relieve from scabies parasite and also protect against secondary infection. You can use turmeric in several different ways.
- Add one tablespoon of turmeric powder with a three to four drops of lemon juice and water to make a thick paste. Apply this thick paste on the affected area and leave it for about half an hour. Then rinse off the paste with lukewarm water. Use this remedy once a day to treat scabies.
- Or you can use another method. Mix one teaspoon of each Indian lilac and turmeric powder and add enough water to make a thick paste. Dab the paste on the affected area and let it dry on its own. Then rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy once a day to see the positive changes.
4.) Aloe Vera to Cure Scabies
Aloe vera is very effective for all the skin related problem. It has antimicrobial properties and many other medicinal properties that can speed up your healing process. It can treat insect bites, scabies, and many other skin conditions.
- Take aloe vera leaf and cut it into slices to extract the gel. Then apply this fresh aloe vera gel on the affected skin. leave it for about 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy two to three times a day to treat scabies.
- Or you can use another method. You need to grind some calendula petal with a pinch of turmeric powder. Add two tablespoon of aloe vera gel and mix it properly. Apply this paste on the affected area and let it dry on its own. Use this remedy two times a day in a week to get rid of scabies problem.
5.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Scabies
Lavender oil is considered as one of the best remedies to treat scabies. This oil promotes skin cell regeneration and the parasites like mites that cause scabies.
- You need to add four to five drops of lavender oil in a bathtub filled with warm water. Soak in this water for 15 to 20 minutes. This remedy will help to soothe the skin and provide the relief from itching. Use this remedy once a day for a few weeks to treat scabies.
- Or you can mix equal amount of rubbing alcohol with pure lavender oil. Apply it on the affected area, then gently massage the oil so that it can penetrate into the skin. Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes. This will help to kill the mites and their eggs. Use this remedy two times a day to speed up the healing process.
6.) Clove Oil to Treat Scabies
Clove oil is known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. it also as analgesic property which provides relief from itching and scabies infection. Don’t use this undiluted, if you will use it undiluted so it can burn your skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with four tablespoons of virgin coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and gently massage this oil to let it penetrate into your skin. leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water to treat scabies
- Your skin condition will improve within two weeks.
7.) Onion to Cure Scabies
Onion contains quercetin which is known for its analgesic properties which give relief from the symptoms of itching. It is also rich in organosulfur which can directly attach and eliminate scabies parasite.
- Take a piece of onion and chop it into small pieces. Put them into a bowl and sprinkle some salt on it. It will release the juice, apply that juice on the affected skin to treat scabies.
- Take an onion and grind them into a mixer. Take the paste and put it into the muslin cloth and squeeze it to extract the juice. Apply this on the affected area.
- Or you can use another method. Take about 7 to 8 onion and boil them with enough amount of water. Let it cool down to a room temperature and apply it on the affected area to treat scabies.
8.) Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Rid of Scabies
Hydrogen peroxide and borax can be combined to form a highly effective remedy to treat scabies. Borax is a natural fungicide and insecticide and hydrogen peroxide is known for its antibacterial agent. When you will mix them, they can kill the scabies parasite and also reduce the chances of infection associated with scabies.
- Add two cups of borax and one cup of hydrogen peroxide in a bathtub filled with lukewarm water.
- Soak in this solution for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take this bath once a day for a few weeks to see the positive changes.
9.) Cayenne Pepper to Treat Scabies
Cayenne pepper can be used to alleviate pain associated with scabies. It contains capsaicin that helps to reduce the pain sensations. Capsaicin also gives relive from the itching by desensitising neurones in the skin. Cayenne pepper can burn and kill the mites, and can give the relieve from the problem of scabies.
- Mix one cup of cayenne pepper in a bathtub filled with hot water.
- Soak in the bathtub for about 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to get the water in your eyes as the pepper can cause burning sensation in your eyes.
- This rinses it off with clean water.
- Use this remedy once a day to treat scabies.
- If you have sensitive skin, so don’t use this remedy.
10.) Bleach to Cure Scabies
Bleach contain chlorine which works as a disinfectant that will kill the mite that is causing the infection. However, be little careful while using it.
- Take a jar. then pour one cup of bleach in it and three cups of water and mix it properly.
- Take a cotton ball and apply this on the affected area. Let it dry naturally then take a shower afterwards.
- Bleach is extremely corrosive in nature in an undiluted form. Do not touch it without diluting it first. It should not reach your eyes if it is reached into your eyes then wash it off with fresh water quickly.