Urinary tract infection is a very common health problem, it can be extremely uncomfortable. While both women and men get UTI, women suffer more in comparison with men. It occurs when the bladder and its exit tubes are infected by bacteria. Some of the cause are waiting too long to urine, sexual intercourse, pregnancy, diabetes, and menopause. Frequent urge to urinate, a burning sensation when urinating, passing a small quantity of urine, change in urine color, fever, nausea, abdominal pain are the common symptoms of UTI. UTI sometimes get better on their own within four to five days but you need to take immediate action to treat UTI. UTI infection can damage your kidney. Here are some natural remedies for UTI.
Natural Remedies for UTI:
1.) Drink Lots of Water
This will sound like extraordinary remedy but you need to keep in mind that it is one of the most important things you can do when you have UTI. Water helps to flush out all the bacteria. It gives you something to push out when you pee. Almost all the remedies for the UTI will be in fluid form because you need to flush fluid through your system to give it a helping hand to get rid of the bacteria.
- You should drink like a fish stranded in the desert when you are suffering from an infection. Drink at least 8 glass of water.
- Keep clearing out your urinary tract and it will help you to get rid of UTI quickly and at least you will feel comfortable.
2.) Baking Soda to Treat UTI
Baking soda is one of the natural remedies for UTI. This effective substance can help to treat anything from heartburn to UTI. It is an alkaline substance which helps to neutralize or lessen the acidity of your urine. If you are resisting your urge to pee due to the burning sensation, baking soda can help to ease the discomfort.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and put it in 8 ounces of water. Stir it well to dissolve properly.
- Drink this whole solution in the morning.
- Don’t use this remedy more than a week.
3.) Cranberry Juice to Cure UTI
Pick a juice that contains less sugar or has an alternative sweetener because too much of sugar is not good for you. No sweetener makes the juice too acidic. Use cranberry juice in moderation and be sure to have a healthy nutritious overall. Proanthocyanidin is a compound present in cranberry which prevents bacteria from reaching the wall of the urethra and causing it UTI. It has a mild antibiotic effect. It will help to cure UTI and will prevent reoccurrence, particularly in women. Cranberry is considered as one of the best natural remedies for UTI.
- Drinking half glass of cranberry juice daily will prevent urinary tract infections.
- Those who are suffering from urinary tract infections should drink four glass of cranberry juice daily to prevent the infection from causing damage to the kidney.
4.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure UTI Naturally
Tea tree oil is one of the best natural remedies for UTI. It has antibacterial properties that help to fight the bacteria that cause bladder infections like UTIs.
- You need to mix 10 drops of tea tree oil in your bath water. Wash the urethra opening with the water.
- You can mix tea tree oil with equal amount of sandalwood oil and juniper oil and gently rub this mixture on the abdominal region and on the area near the bladder. This is a very effective mixture to in reducing the pain associated with UTIs. Use this remedy once daily for three to four days to treat UTI.
- Another option is warm bath water and mix it with six drops of tea tree oil and two teaspoons of plain yogurt. Use this remedy for 10 minutes for about 10 days.
5.) Apple cider Vinegar to Get Rid of UTI
It is a rich source of enzymes. Potassium and another nutrient can prevent the bacteria that cause UTIs from growing and multiplying. Those who are suffering from UTI can use apple cider vinegar as natural remedies for UTIs.
- Mix two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. You can mix lemon juice and honey. Mix it well.
- Drink this solution two to three times a day for a few days.
6.) Pineapple to Treat UTI
Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple, which has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the symptoms of urinary tract disease. You can also take antibiotic along with the pineapple to get rid of the infection. It is very effective natural remedies for UTI.
- Eat a cup of pineapple on a regular basis to prevent urinary tract infection. You can also make juice from half pineapple to prevent infection
- Don’t drink packed juice because it contains added preservatives.
7.) Hot Water Compress for Urinary Tract Infection Treatment
Regular use of heating pad will help to reduce the bladder pressure and give you relief from pain caused by the infection. It will also help to decrease the inflammation and prevent further growth of bacteria that causes the bacteria.
- Boil a water and put this hot water in a flexible water bottle. Place this hot water bottle on your lower abdomen for a few minutes.
- Or you can place a heating pad on the lower abdomen area to get rid of the pain.
- Don’t use heating pad more than 15 minutes because you can burn your skin. Use for less time if you use a higher setting.
8.) Uva Ushi to Cure UTI Naturally
Uva Ushi is effective natural remedy for UTI. It is a herb that contains many substances that help to fight infections, including urinary tract infection. Uva Ushi contains several chemicals with antiseptic properties.
- You can easily buy this herb in a supplement form at drugstores. Antiseptic quality of this supplement kills the bacteria and also gently stimulate urination when you will take this supplement.
- Those who have kidney or liver disease should not use this supplement. Pregnant, nursing women, and children also should not take this herb.
9.) Gooseberry to Treat UTI at Home
It is rich vitamin C which in turn inhibits the growth of bacteria. It is considered as best natural remedies for UTI.
- Mix one teaspoon of gooseberry powder in a cup of water and one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Boil the water until the water gets half.
- Drink this solution three times a day for three to five days.
- You can also eat fruits like bananas, guava, kiwi, oranges, raspberries, tomatoes, papaya and the fruits that contain vitamin C.
10.) Horseradish to Get Rid of UTI Naturally
Horseradish is a member of the cabbage family. It is known for it spicy, pungent, sinus-clearing spread made from the white roots of the plant. Allyl isothiocyanate is a natural compound present in the horseradish that has a strong microbial effect. Allyl isothiocyanate is bactericidal that means it kills the bacteria. It does it by attacking the cellular membrane of the bacterium, makes it impossible to survive. It is very effective natural remedies for UTI.
- Grate one teaspoon of horseradish and start by taking one teaspoon twice a day.
- You should not consume it more than three times a day. It helps to stop if stomach upset to occur. If you finding it take to swallow so you can take it with water or milk.
11.) Blueberries to Cure UTI Naturally
It is one of the best natural remedies for UTI. Blueberries has come from the same genus as cranberries. It can treat urinary tract infection by affecting the fimbria of the bacteria trying to attach itself to the urinary tract. Blueberry juice is not that much easy to drink like cranberry juice. Usually, people mix it with grape or apple juice. Or you can try consuming whole tasty berries.
- Take half cup of berries and rinse them well and enjoy them daily.
- You can add it in your breakfast with oatmeal.
12.) Parsley to Treat UTI
Parsley is one of the best natural remedies for UTI. It speeds up the healing process by acting as a diuretic. It is used to treat a number of problems, Diuretics work by increasing the amount of sodium your kidneys excrete in urine. When they excrete sodium they take water along with it, in this process, the amount of fluid in your body goes down. When the fluid in your body goes down that means less pressure in you arteries, that’s why it is also used to treat high blood pressure. But in case of UTI you just need to increase the amount of urine to keep flushing out the bacteria and get relief from the bacteria.
- Boil a water and mix 1 cup of fresh parsley it. Reduce the heat so that it could simmer steadily and let the leaves infuse the water for five to ten minutes. Strain the solution and drink the hot water.