A hangover is the experience of various unpleasant psychological and physiology effects that is due to the consumption of ethanol found in beer, wine, alcohol and distilled effects. A hangover can last for several hours or even more that 1 or 2 days. It can cause you a headache, nausea, anxiety, or fatigue. There are the factors including acetaldehyde, changes in the immune system and glucose metabolism. More than 75 percent of people who consumes alcohol have experienced a hangover and missed their work because of it. It is essential to know how to tackle the alcohol induced pain. Alcohol makes your body dehydrated. It also dilates and expands blood vessels which cause headaches. It makes the stomach secrete more acid and affects the digestion process. This happens because alcohol interferes with the functions of the stomach. Use these remedies to cure hangover.
Ways to Cure Hangover:
1.) Water to Get Rid of Hangover
Drinking enough amount of water is one of the best ways to cure a hangover. Alcohol depletes the water from the body and you need to rehydrate your body by drinking water at regular intervals. Water helps to dilute the impurities left in your stomach.
- The dehydration caused by alcohol consumption needs to be tackled if you want to cure a hangover. The easiest way to rehydrate yourself is to drink lots of water when you wake up. Water dilutes the impurities left in your stomach.
- You need to drink at least 10 glass of water through out the day to avoid dehydration. Along with water, you can also drink a few glass of electrolyte-replenishing sports drink.
- As the water make you rehydrate so drinking a lot of caffeinated drink such as a coffee can make you dehydrate. Caffeine also narrow your blood vessels and raises your blood pressure, which can enhance the symptoms of a hangover.
2.) Isotonic Sports Drink to Cure Hangover
Drinking sports drink can be very effective to get rid of a hangover. It is the effective way to replace fluids and give some much-needed energy. Sports drinks contain carbohydrate that releases energy slowly and helps you to pick up gradually.
- Go for the drinks that contain electrolytes because you need to replace when you have become dehydrated.
- Don’t drink the sports drink which contains caffeine as they can make you more dehydrated.
- If you feel severely dehydrated go for an oral rehydration solution. These are specially made to treat dehydration whereas most drinks are not made for.
3.) Honey to Get Over a Hangover
Honey is an excellent remedy to cure hangover. It is rich in potassium and helps to counteract the effects of drinking too much alcohol. Honey also has fructose, it is a type of sugar that helps to metabolise the extra alcohol int the body and reduce the hangover symptoms.
- Take three to four teaspoon of honey at one-hour interval until you get the relief from a hangover.
- Or you can mix one to two tablespoon of honey with one cup of water. Drink it slowly several times a day to get rid of a hangover.
- Or you can use another method. You can spread honey over a piece of dry toast or a cracker and eat it many times a day to cure the hangover.
4.) Bananas to Cure Hangover
Bananas contain nutrients that will eliminate your headache and restore minerals lost during your wild night out. In particular, these two fruits are excellent for regaining potassium.
- Due to excessive drinking lots of potassium get drained from your body. To help replenish potassium from your body one simple solution is to eat bananas. Bananas contain nutrient that will help to eliminate your headache a restore minerals lost during your over drinking. It is also rich in potassium. Bananas also help to calm down the stomach and boost your energy level.
- Try to eat one to two bananas in your breakfast in the morning when you will wake up with a hangover. It will help you to alleviate hangover symptoms.
- You can also prepare a banana milkshake with honey. Honey will enhance the effect of a milkshake.
- You can also eat bananas on the regular basis as it helps to get rid of loose motion and keep your stomach healthy and also provide instant energy.
5.) Toast and Egg to Cure Hangover
Eggs are excellent things to fight with a hangover. It contains an amino acid called cysteine, which your body will be happy to receive after overdrinking. It breaks down the toxins and makes you feel unwell after drinking. This property of cleaning the leftover toxins, eggs can help you to feel better, more energised and rejuvenated.
- Eating some slices of plain toast with an egg is one of the best ideas to cure a hangover. The carbohydrate present in toast is a good source of the recovery nutrient.
- The morning after a heavy drinking. Take a breakfast of two to three pieces of toast and eggs along with the two glasses of water.
- Avoid preparing your eggs with too much of fat or grease. As it can make you feel nauseated.
6.) Tomatoes to Get Rid of Hangover
Drinking tomato juice is one of the best remedies to cure hangover. It is full of fructose, which is a type of sugar that helps to metabolise alcohol more quickly. It is also rich in vitamins, minerals, and enzyme that helps to over come to the symptoms of after effect of drinking.
- Take a few tomatoes and blend them in the blender or mixture to make the juice out of it.
- Mix one tablespoon of each honey and lemon juice with it along with the little cayenne pepper.
- Drink this juice once in the morning and again in the afternoon.
7.) Ginger to Cure Hangover
Ginger help to suppress nausea and vomiting. It also helps in the digestion of alcohol, thus it soothes the stomach and provides fast relief from the hangover. It is often taken by pregnant women with morning sickness and this same principle applies to a hangover.
- Take 10 to 12 pieces of fresh ginger root in about four cups of water and boil it for about 10 minutes. Then add a half a lemon and little orange juice and one teaspoon of honey.
- Take this solution when it is warm and drink it many times a day.
- Or you can chew small pieces of ginger throughout a day to cure a hangover.
8.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Hangover
Peppermint is very helpful herb to cure hangover symptoms. It aids your digestion and relieve tension nausea and bloating. These are the some of the common symptoms of a hangover. It also helps in the detoxification process.
- Mix one teaspoon of dried peppermint with one cup of boiling water. Cover it and let it steep for about 15 minutes. Then strain the solution. Drink one to two cups of this herbal tea when you wake up in the morning.
- You can also have another option. You can add a few drops of peppermint oil in a bathtub filled with warm water. Soak in this bathtub for about 30 minutes. This will give you immediate relief make you feel better. It will soothe a headache caused by a hangover.
- Or you can chew some fresh peppermint leaves throughout the day. it will help to relax your intestine and recover quickly.
9.) Take an over-the-counter painkiller to Cure Hangover
You can easily tackle your throbbing headache and aching muscles with a simple and easily available over the counter painkiller in the market. Before taking it, first, check the recommended dosage on the packages. Usually, two tablets are recommended with a glass of water when you wake up.
- You can take aspirin based painkiller or NSAIDs, but they may irritate you stomach and further cause nausea.
- If you are in any doubt or you have a sensitive stomach, so first contact your doctor.
- Don’t take acetaminophen because it is processed by your liver just like alcohol. It can lead to liver failure. In some countries acetaminophen is called paracetamol, it is the same medication.
10.) Take an Antacid Pill for your Stomach
Delicate stomach caused by high stomach acidity levels is the common symptoms of a hangover. If you are feeling nauseous consider taking an over the counter product that can neutralise stomach acid and tackle feelings of indigestion.
- There are a number of branded antacid pills available in the market to buy.
- Common antacid ingredient include magnesium carbonate, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium trisilicate and calcium carbonate.