Nobody wants a double chin but lot of people have them. Double chin often a result of ageing or gaining a little weight. But it is not the only reason, even people who are not overweight have a double chin. If you have double so, obviously you would like to get rid of it. Over the time skin loses collagen and elasticity, causing it to sack around the neck and chin. This process begins around the age of 20. Factors like sun exposure, smoking, and poor diet can intensify the process. Two main muscles, the platysma, and sternocleidomastoid made up your neck, toning them can help pull the overlying skin tighter for a younger healthier look. You can achieve result bus these double chin exercises.
Double Chin Exercises:
1.) The Chin Lift to Reduce Double chin
The chin lift stretches and tones the muscles of the neck throat and jaw. To perform the chin lift you can follow these steps which will help you to get a positive result.
- You need to stand or sit with your spine erect.
- Then tilt your head back until you are looking toward the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips tightly as if you wanted to kiss the ceiling.
- Don’t engage any other facial muscles while doing this exercise, only use your lips. Then hold your lips in a puckered position for a five count, then you can release. Repeat this double chin exercises for 5 to 10 times in a row.
2.) The Neck Roll to Reduce Neck Fat
This exercise not only tones and stretches the muscles of your throat jaw and neck but also releases the tension from your shoulder and can ease the neck and shoulder pain. You follow these steps to perform double chin exercises.
- First, you need to sit or stand an erect spine.
- Then gently turn your head to one side until your chin touches your shoulder. Your head should be like that you are looking one side.
- Slowly roll your head downward until your chin is resting on your chest while exhaling. Remember that your spine should be erect and your shoulder should be squared.
- Repeat the full neck roll 5 to 10 times.
3.) The Jaw exercise to Get Rid of Double Chin
The jaw exercises tones and stretches the muscle of your face. Follow these steps to perform double chin exercises.
- You need to sit and stand with an erect spine.
- Then deep inhale through the nose and slowly exhale. While humming with your lips press them tightly together. Move your jaw as if you were chewing while inhaling and exhaling.
- When you will finish you exhale open your mouth as wide as you can. Then inhale and exhale from your open mouth with an audible ahh sound. Rest the tip of your tongue gently against the backs of your lower teeth to help your jaw reflax.
- Then repeat both of this exercise 5 to 10 times.
4.) Platysma Exercise to Get Rid of Double Chin
The platysma is the big muscle which runs from your jawline to shoulder. Exercising this muscle helps to keep your chin and throat firm. You can follow these step to strengthen and tone the platysma.
- You need to sit or stand with an erect spine.
- Then pull your back against your teeth and turn the corners of your mouth downward.
- Open your mouth slightly to active the muscles of your jaw and keep your lips pressed firmly against your teeth and the corners of your mouth turned down. The tendons on your neck should be stand out.
- Then wiggle your jaw up and down for 5 to 10 times.
- Perform this double chin exercises 5 to 10 times to tone your platysma.
5.) Cheeks lift to Reduce Double Chin
A wide open smile is one of the best exercises to tone the cheek muscle and get rid of double chin. It is based on the smile movement itself. This exercise helps in toning and firming dropping cheeks and reducing fat from the jaw and smoothen cheek fold to give you a younger looking face.
- First, you need to sit comfortably and smile as wide as you can and lift you your cheeks towards your eye. You will feel the stretch and strain on your cheeks and jaw. Do this exercise by shutting your eyes for a better lift. Hold this posture for about 15 seconds and relax your face.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times for better result.
6.) Blowing Air Exercise
The blowing air exercise helps to work almost all the facial and neck muscles. It is considered as one of the best double chin exercises. This exercise is very effective to reduce double chin and get rid of chubby cheeks. This exercise targets the cheeks jaws and jaw cheeks and neck muscles and tones them to provide a natural face lift to give a leaner appearance. You need to follow this steps to perform this exercise.
- First, sit on a chair with your spine straight
- Then tilt your head back as much as you can so that you face the ceiling, pucker your lips and blow out air from your mouth. Continue it for about 5 to 10 seconds and relax.
- Repeat this exercise 15 to 20 times at a stretch for best results.
7.) Pout and Tilt to Reduce Double Chin
Pout and Tilt is one of the best double chin exercises. Your need to come in sitting and standing position to perform this exercise. Then stick out your lower lip as far as you can to form a pout, place a finger on your chin, your skin should feel wrinkly and puckered. Hold this contraction for one second. You lip should be out, then contract the muscle at the front of your next to lower you chin to your chest. Go as far as possible without rounding your upper back. Pause and hold for another second, then relax your lips and straighten your neck to return to the starting position. This would be one rep. you need to complete two sets of 20 reps of each to get a positive result.
8.) Side Neck Stretch yo Reduce Neck Fat
This is one of the best exercises to get rid of the chubby cheeks. You can follow these steps to perform this exercise.
- First, you need to sit on the floor then place one hand on the floor and finger down about one foot away from your hip. Do not lean or rest heavily on your fingertip.
- Then wrap your opposite arm over the top of your head and put your palm over the opposite ear. Keep your head in alignment with your neck and bend your head toward your shoulder. Use your palm to gently press down your head to your shoulder.
- Then take your fingertip off the floor and place them on your upper arm while applying gentle pressure to press the shoulder down and away from your head. Hold this position for about 10 seconds then release your hands and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the opposite side. That,s your one rep complete three reps of this exercise. This is very effective double chin exercises.
9.) Pigeon Exercise to Get Rid of Double Chin
This is considered as an effective double chin exercises. This help to get rid of the excess fat on the face and gives you toned face.
- You need to place your thumb on one side of your jaw which would be underneath your jawbone. Place the same hand’s index finger in the same location on the opposite jaw.
- Push forward against your hand with your neck and head while holding your hand.
- You need to hold this position for about 30 seconds, then release your and move your neck back to the starting position. This would be your first rep. You need to complete three reps.
10.) Tick out Tongue to Reduce Neck Fat
This is one of the best double chin exercises. This exercise builds the muscle in your chin and reduce a double chin.
- You need to stand in a relaxed position while performing this exercise.
- You need to open your mouth as wide as you can, then stick your tongue out as far as you can so that you feel your chin and neck tighten.
- Hold your tongue out and coutil to 10 and then relax and return to the starting position. This would be your one rep you need to complete 10 reps like this.
Remedies to Get Rid of Double Chin
1.) Egg White to Remove Fat Face
An egg white mask is very effective to get rid of a double chin because it has a skin tightening effect. Egg whites are also good for your overall health of the skin.
- Whisk two egg whites together, one tablespoon each of milk, lemon juice, and honey.
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Apply this mask to your double chin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin.
- Use this remedy daily to see the positive result.
2.) Wheat Germ Oil to Get Rid of Chubby Cheeks
Regular neck massage with wheat germ oil is an effective way to get rid of a double chin. It has the goodness of vitamin E oil that will nourish and help to tighten the skin.
- Rub some wheat germ oil gently around the chin area before going to bed.
- Then gently massage upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave the oil on your skin for overnight.
- use this remedy regularly to notice the improvement in the appearance of your double chin.