Baby acne is harmless and you really do not need to do anything about it but parents don’t like to see the red bumps on their baby’s face. Neonatal acne is the most common skin condition that affects the infants from birth to 7 months of age. Baby acne also medically known as erythema toxicorum neonatorum. It is harmless and no treatment is usually required. Baby’s acne look like a red rash or bumps and mainly affects the trunk and face but it can also affect the other parts of the body. It is most commonly seen in the baby boy than the girls. It is common in babies who are heavier at the birth and those who are fed on formula or mixed diet. You can use these remedies to get rid of baby acne.
Ways to Get Rid of Baby Acne:
1.) Coconut Oil to Treat Baby Acne
Coconut is considered as the safest remedy to get rid of baby acne. It is the most nourishing oil, you can put this oil on your child’s skin. Coconut oil is easily and safely absorbed into the skin and has long lasting benefits for the baby’s skin. Coconut oil is a healing oil, it has natural antimicrobial properties. It is the most common among home remedies for baby acne and recommended by most mother, it also can prevent diaper rash.
- Get a little amount of coconut oil, a little amount of oil goes a long way, so use it sparingly.
- First, you need to clean the acne area with mild soap then dry it.
- Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to the affected area.
- Use this remedy twice a day until the acne is gone.
2.) Breast Milk to Get Rid of Baby Acne
Breast milk is very important for the baby. The mother should breast feeding to baby for at least about a six month. It not only helps to build the immune system of the baby but it also has many other health benefits for the skin. Lauric acid is present in the breast milk, studies has found that it has antibacterial and acne fighting properties. breast milk also contains glycol nutrient and omega 3 fatty acids that help to gently exfoliate the skin and help to get rid of baby acne.
- First, clean the affected area with warm water and mild soap.
- Put some breast milk on your palm or container.
- Take a cotton ball and put it in some breast milk. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to dry.
- Do this several times a day to clear baby acne.
- Remember that breast milk can also trigger for the formation of the acne so make sure to use it sparingly.
3.) Cornstarch to Cure Baby Acne
Cornstarch is considered as one of the effective remedies to get rid of baby acne. It has natural skin drying properties that help to control the excess oil production. It is recommended that cornstarch should be used once a day and directly on the affected area.
- You need to mix a small amount of cornstarch with some water.
- Then apply a thin layer of this paste on the affected area using your finger, but keep in mind that do not scrub.
- Leave it for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water and let it dry or pat dry it.
- Use this remedy one time a day to get rid of baby acne.
4.) Oatmeal to Treat Baby Acne
Oatmeal has moisturising and soothing properties that help to treat irritated skin caused by baby acne. This is considered as the best home remedy for baby pimples on face, but if it comes in contact with eyes it can cause irritation, so apply it carefully. Use oatmeal to treat baby acne on other parts of the body and also helps to soothe other ease condition like allergic skin rashes and diaper rashes.
- You can prepare an oatmeal bath for your baby.
- Use a food processor or blender to blend 1/3 cup of oatmeal until it gets converted into fine power.
- Sprinkle the oatmeal powder in the bathtub filled with warm water and mix it properly with your hand.
- Carefully places the baby in the tub and enjoy and let them in for at least 10 minutes.
- Then just simply pat dry your baby with a soft towel.
- Be careful while giving an oatmeal bath to your baby, it should not go into the eyes because can cause stinging.also, make sure your baby is well seated and secure as oatmeal can make the bathtub slippery.
5.) Vinegar Treatment to Get Rid of Baby Acne
Vinegar has antibacterial properties and works as a good oil absorbent. It is a very common home remedies to get rid of baby acne.
- You need to mix one part of white vinegar with 10 parts of water because babies have a sensitive skin. never use undiluted vinegar on babies face.
- Take a clean cotton ball and dip in the vinegar solution and slowly dab the solution on the affected area.
- Leave it for about 1-minute then wash off your face with mild soap and warm water.
- You can also use vinegar to clean fabric, toys and it also treats diaper rash in babies.
6.) Talcum powder to Cure Baby Acne
Baby powder also referred as talcum powder. It can also be used to treat diaper rash and get rid of baby acne. Talcum powder also has the ability to dry out the skin without clogging the pores. But make sure to first check out the ingredient which can either be cornstarch or talc.
- The first thing you need to do is simply clean and dry the affected area.
- Then sprinkle small amount of baby powder into the palm of your hand
- Use fingertip to gently apply the powder on the face.
- You can use baby powder every time you bathe your baby until the acne is gone.
- Sprinkle the baby powder to the places that are prone to wetness and sweat and can also help to keep the baby dry. Use the baby powder with caution especially when applied near the lungs and face. It can be harmful if inhaled.
7.) Honey and Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Baby Acne
Honey and lemon juice have natural anti-inflammatory properties that are effective and safe treating baby acne. It is a very effective remedy to get rid of baby acne.
- Mix one teaspoon of each honey and juice.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the solution.
- Apply this solution on the affected area to get rid of baby acne.
- Then leave it for about 30 minutes then wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
8.) Avoid Scrubbing the Skin to Get Rid of Baby Acne
When you wash your baby face so pat dry or gently wipe it down. Baby acne is caused by over the active oil glands rather than diet. so scrubbing the skin will not only irritate the skin it will also cause the glands to produce more oil.
- Use a soft sponge to wipe your baby’s skin.
- Use a soft bath towel to gently pat the skin and completely dry.
- Don’t wipe or scrub your baby’s face because it can cause further skin irritation.
9.) Monitor your Diet to Get Rid of Baby Acne
It is also a chance that baby acne is caused due to the mother who is breastfeeding. There is one thing you need to know that whatever you eat truly matters. If your baby has got acne that it may be due to your eating routine. For instance, numerous mother discovered that eating organic products result in baby rashes. Make a new alteration, you need to cut down on dairy items, sugar, dandelion tea and organic products. Keep away from eating the food that is either too sweet or excessively arid. You need to see your baby acne cleaning up.
10.) Avoid Lotions and Other Skin Creams
Baby acne generally appears on you baby’s face. On the cheeks, button and the brows. As the skin contain a ton of oil so its is unprofitable to apply the oil based lotion on the baby’s skin. you need to do is keep your skin oil free by regularly cleaning the face by utilizing cotton ball that absorbs warm water. Keep your baby clean by giving him a shower once a day. be the cure to abstain from applying any cream on your baby’s skin.