This article is about remedies to get rid of gingivitis. Gingivitis is highly common and a mild form of gum disease so it needs to be treated immediately. It is a form of mild infection of the gum. It’s a common disease and can be developed by anyone. This gum disease includes irritation, redness, swelling and puffiness of the gums. According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, gingivitis is also associated with an increased danger of diabetes, heart attack, and lung disease so one must take measures to get rid of them naturally fast.
Good oral health habits like brushing teeth at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups help prevent gingivitis. The dentist recommends additional oral health practices according to one needs. Along with good oral treatment and hygiene, one can use simple home remedies to treat and prevent gingivitis naturally. If left untreated, gingivitis becomes serious and leads to a severe infection known as periodontitis and tooth loss so gingivitis naturally fast.
Causes to get Rid of Gingivitis:
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- crooked teeth
- consumption of certain medications (steroids, oral contraceptives, calcium channel blockers, antisolvents, and chemotherapy)
- broken fittings
- dental appliances that fit poorly
- broken fillings
- compromised immunity(such as AIDS/ HIV patients)
- genetic factors
Symptoms of Gingivitis:
People are mostly unaware that they are dealing with a disease known as gingivitis. It could be possible to suffer from gum disease without any signs or symptoms. Thereby there are following symptoms of gingivitis.
- Gums which bleed when one brushes or floss one’s teeth
- Gums which are red, tender, or swollen
- Loose teeth
- Gums are pulled away from the teeth
- Pus between teeth and gums
- A change in how one’s teeth fit together when one bite(malocclusion).
- Sensitive teeth
- Pain when chewing
- Foul smell breath that does not go away even after one brushes one’s teeth.
- Partial dentures that no longer fit.
Remedies to Get Rid of Gingivitis:
1.) Salt to Get Rid of Gingivitis Naturally
Salt is an effective remedy to treat gingivitis. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Salt can aid in treating swollen and inflamed gums. It draws infection out from any abscesses and inhibits the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt to a glass of lukewarm water. Apply homemade solution to rinse your mouth once every morning and evening until the swelling of your gums is decreased.
- Alternatively, mix ½ teaspoon of salt with mustard oil to make a paste. Use this paste to massage the gums in a circular motion for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Gargle with warm water.
- Repeat the process two to three times a day until you get rid of gingivitis.
2.) Oil Pulling to Get Rid Of Gingivitis
Oil Pulling is a popular Ayurvedic practice that can help to reduce bacteria that can cause gingivitis. It reduces plaque, strengthens gums and helps maintain good oral health.
- Put 1 tablespoon of sesame oil or coconut oil in the mouth.
- Swish it in your mouth and through your teeth for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spit it out and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water.
- Do this each morning before brushing our teeth for about a month.
- Note: Do not gargle or swallow the oil.
3.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Gingivitis Naturally
Turmeric contains curcumin, which has antioxidant and anti – inflammatory properties. Curcumin can effectively reduce plaque, pain, swelling and inflammation in the gums. It also reduces bacterial activity to get rid of gingivitis. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology found that turmeric mouthwash to be an effective adjunct to mechanical plaque control to prevent plaque and gingivitis. It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial qualities comparable to its traditional chlorhexidine mouthwash.
- Prepare a paste of a turmeric and water. Put it on the soft– bristle toothbrush and brush your teeth using it. Repeat the activity twice daily for at least a few weeks.
- Prepare a paste of 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with a ½ a teaspoon of salt and water respectively. Apply it on the gums and leave it to make a gum pack and leave it for ten minutes prior to rinsing it with warm water. Continue the process for at least once every day for a couple of weeks.
4.) Baking Soda to Cure Gingivitis Pain
Baking soda is very popular gingivitis home remedy. It neutralises the acids in the mouth, thereby reducing the danger of tooth decay and gum disease. It works well as a natural antiseptic to help prevent infections.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda with a bit a warm water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to the gums.
- Leave it on for 1 to m2 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this treatment or 3 times a week.
5.) Lemon Juice to Cure Gingivitis Naturally
Lemon contains antibacterial and anti–inflammatory properties which help to treat gum disease. They contain vitamin C, which can help fight off infection.
- Repeat the process 4 to 5 times a day until one sees improvement.
- Apply this paste on the gums and leave it for a few minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Mix a little salt with 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice o make a paste.
- Mix the juice of a lemon in a glass of warm water. Use this solution as a mouthwash after brushing your teeth. Do this twice every day in order get rid of the bleeding and receding gums caused by gingivitis.
6.) Aloe Vera to Cure Gingivitis Fast
Aloe Vera contains anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties that are very effective against gingivitis. It prevents the accumulation of bacteria that causes plague leading to gingivitis. It can also relieve pain and soothe inflamed teeth and gums.
- Break open an aloe vera leaf and extract the pulp.
- Rub the pulp directly on the affected gums.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then gargle with cold water.
- Repeat a few minutes daily until the condition subsides.
7.) Apply Clove Oil to Get Rid Of Gingivitis Naturally
Cloves are one of the best remedies for gums and teeth. They have been used across ages in various parts of the world to get rid of oral infections like a toothache, swollen gums, and other gum diseases. While the analgesic properties of clove make it an excellent remedy for tooth pain. Its antibacterial properties can help get rid of gingivitis which contains microbial infections of gums. One can chew a clove every day to get rid of all kinds of teeth and gums diseases.
- Clove oil few drops
- Cotton swab
- One may also lightly rub the gums with clove oil soaked in cotton.
- Hold this cotton ball against the affected areas for a few minutes.
- Pour few drops of clove oil into a ball of cotton.
8.) Tea Tree to Oil to Cure Gingivitis Fast
Tea tree oil has antiseptic, and anti-bacterial properties which make it an excellent remedy for all types of infections, leave alone gum infections. One just needs to dilute a little tea tree oil and rub it on your affected gums to get rid of gingivitis. Diluting the tea tree oil in the case getting rid of gingivitis is important to get rid of gingivitis. Diluting the tea tree is a strong nature and one can mix it with our regular toothpaste.
- Tea Tree oil 1-2 tablespoon
- Take care not to swallow this.Tea Tree oil is highly poisonous when ingested.
- Brush your teeth as one does always but
- Add tea tree oil to the amount of toothpaste on regular use.
9.) Sage as an Herbal Remedy for Gingivitis Treatment
Many herbs are useful when it comes to treating gingivitis at home. Peppermint and sage are two of such herbs. Sage has excellent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce swelling of the gums and will also cure the infection.
- Prepare an herbal rinse with Sage to treat gingivitis
- Sage herb 2 tablespoons or dried sage 1 tablespoon
- Water 1-2 cups
- Rinse your mouth with the herbal water 2-3 minutes a day.
- Strain and let the water cool down.
- Add sage to this water and simmer it for about 5 -10 minutes.
- Boil the water.
10.) Guava Leaves to Get Rid Of Gingivitis
Guava is considered to be a fruit rich in vitamin C.This also makes guava an effective an extraordinary amount of goodness that the fruits contain. The leave contains a natural anti-plague agent. It helps in treating gingivitis effectively. One can also chew properly washed and cleaned guava leaves to get a paste and then rub it on ones inflamed gums.For a proper solution, make the following mouthwash with guava leaf.
- One needs
- Guava leaves 5-8
- Water 2 cups
- Boil the water.
- Add washed guava leaves with water and simmer till the water remains half of its quantity.
- Strain and let it cool down.
- Wash your mouth with this water 2-3 times a day.
11.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Gingivitis Naturally
Peppermint is packed with the antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help in the gingivitis treatment. In addition to it, peppermint inhibits the growth of the bacteria that leads to teeth decay.
- Crush a few peppermint leaves and soak them into the water for 30 minutes. After the due time use this solution to rinse your mouth. Do this 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, boil a cup of water and dip peppermint tea bag into it. Leave it to steep for a while and then drink this tea. Or use it as a mouthwash.
- Or, you can simply use a toothpaste that has peppermint in it. Brush your teeth with the toothpaste at least two times a day.
12.) Myrrh to Treat Gingivitis Pain
Another remedy that helps to get rid of gingivitis naturally is myrrh. It deals with all types of oral hygiene problems because it has the antiinflammatory property that inhibits the growth of the bacteria leading to gum disease. It is one of the best solutions to treat soreness in the gums.
- Add some myrrh in a glass of water and use to gargle and rinse your mouth.
- For added benefits, you can add a dash of salt to it.
- Do this many times a day to get rid of diseases.
Things to Do to Prevent Gingivitis:
- Go for a regular dental checkup.
- To brush your teeth use a brush that soft bristles.
- Brush your teeth 2 times a day.
- After every 2-3 months replace your toothbrush.
- Use a good toothpaste that consists of the ingredients that have antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- After brushing your teeth make sure you floss and scrape your tongue.
- Stop drinking, smoking and consuming tobacco since it leads to gum disease.
- After brushing your teeth use a good mouthwash to swish. This will help to prevent plaque and gingivitis.
- Eat foods rich in calcium for stronger teeth.
- Consume vitamin C high foods since it has antioxidants that keep a check on the oral health.
- After each meal rinse your mouth and drink some water.
- Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables like apple, radish and carrots. Such fruits help to stimulate the saliva and keep your mouth clean.
- Avoid sweets, since they have the most bacterias all thanks to the fleas.
- To inhibit the growth of the bacteria eat yogurt and cheese.
- You can also take vitamin D supplements since the vitamin helps to keep the gum diadeas at the bay.
- Drinking juice of cranberry is also a nice solution to get rid of the pyoreahh.
- If the pain persist or symptoms persist for long consult your dentist.