There is no shortcut to grow long and luscious hair. On an average hair grows about half an inch per month. Other things which affect your hair growth are your genetics, health, and food. Long hair can be most attractive physical features and it can change your overall look. But the question is how o grow long hair. You can promote your hair growth by maintaining healthy hair through a good diet and proper hair care. There are certain herbs which can promote hair growth and make your hair grow faster. There are many reasons including stress and pregnancy which lead to hair fall. Apart from it, the deficiency of certain nutrient can also affect your hair growth, moreover the use of chemical based product like shampoo conditioner, gel, hairspray etc. you can use these remedies to grow your hair.
Ways to Grow your Hair:
1.) Cut your Hair
The first step before you start to grow your hair is; it should be in tip- top position. In order to grow your hair your hair, one of the best thing you can do is to cut it. But you need to keep in mind that you only need to cut about half and inch, the portion you will cut out of your hair will be dry and split ends and then prepare your hair for maximum growth.
- Sometimes people feel trouble to grow their hair, not because their hair grow fast but the reason is their hair is dry and damaged. They break off at the bottom before they get a chance to grow long. If in case they grow long, so there will be no use of that hair which look dry and unattractive.
- So the solution is to cut off the dry and damaged hair and start to grow fresh hair. At this point of time, you need to proper take care of hair.
2.) Don’t use Heat Styling Tools on your Hair
Styling tools are the enemy of hair because the intense heat from the straightener and blow dryer causes irreparable damage, it also causes split and break. So now it’s time to put the styling tool away or you can ask someone to them from you otherwise, you will use them. let your hair natural beauty shine.
- But if for the special occasion you need to apply a heat to your hair. So apply for some protection first in order to lock moisture in your hair and minimise the burning and breakage. Heat protection products come in many forms like serum, sprays mousses, and cream.
- If you are using a hair dryer, avoid using the nozzle to close to your hair because it will cause your hair to burn more. Or you can turn the air to a cooler setting, if possible, to prevent your hair from getting dry.
- Or you can buy an ionic hair dryer which emits charged particles that can cut drying time in half and minimise heat exposure.
3.) Massage your Scalp to Grow your Hair
Gently massaging your head helps to stimulate blood flow to the scalp and hair growth faster. You can massage your head while shampooing in the shower or also on dry hair before going to bed at night. Or you can brush your hair and scalp with a firm bristled brush, it also provides the same effect.
- You can perform the massage in a way to make the small circles with your fingertips. Don’t press your fingernails.
- Massage your scalp for about ten minutes in a day. five minutes before going to bed and five minutes in the morning shower. Make it a part of your daily routine, don’t give up after a couple of days.
4.) Cut Back on Caffeine, Alcohol and Smoking
Caffeine, alcohol, and smoking not only affects your health but it also affects your hair growth. So it’s best to stop drinking alcohol and smoking,
- Alcohol prevents your colon and liver from properly absorbing nutrients you take from food. Due to the deficiency of nutrients like vitamin A and B, your hair becomes dull and weak and even shed.
- Smoking reduces the flow of blood in the scalp and causes hair to turn brittle and dull looking. Smoking is also responsible to greying your hair and unwanted yellow hue while imparting hair with and unpleasant odour.
- Caffeine dehydrates your body and when your body dehydrate it has a negative effect on hair and health of the skin. if you need coffee when you get up in the morning so make sure to drink lots of water.
5.) Minimize Stress to make your Hair Grow Faster
Intense emotional and physical stress can cause hair growth to slow or shut down completely. In many cases stress even cause hair loss. It is important to avoid stress for the sake to grow your hair as well as your overall emotional and physical health.
- Stress weaken your immune system and affect your body ability to produce healthy hair, skin, and nails. When you are stressed your body uses up any available energy and nutrient for the functioning of taking and walking and leave none left over for the things like healthy hair.
- Get enough sleep to minimise stress level. Exercise frequently and eat healthily.
6.) Eat Healthy Diet to Grow your Hair
Eat foods rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, it is essential to growing your hair. Go for the foods high in vitamin A, B, C and E. zinc, iron, magnesium, copper, and selenium. Vitamin B is extremely important for making your hair grow faster.
- Include a variety of food in your diet like cheese, chicken, yoghurt, eggs, whole grains, salmon, bell peppers, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, parsley, avocado, grapefruit, brown bread, oats, and alfalfa. This food helps to grow your hair and nourish your hair and scalp. You can also drink fresh vegetable and fruit juice such as grapefruit, orange, beet, carrot and lettuce juice.
- Flax seeds, fish, walnut, beans, olive oil, and winter are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and are good for hair growth as about 3 % of hair shaft I made up of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Avoid nutritional deficiency because it affects your hair adversely. Like deficiency of vitamin E and zinc lead to thinning of hair.
7.) Egg for Hair Growth
Eggs contain protein, iron, sulphur, phosphorus, selenium and zinc which make is very effective to grow your hair. You can use egg hair mask to promote hair growth.
- Whisk an egg and mix few drops of lavender oil and four tablespoons of grapeseed oil. apply it on your scalp and hair and leave it for about half an hour. Then rinse it off with your regular shampoo.
- Or you can apply a mixture of two egg yolks with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on your hair. Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes then wash it off with cold water.
- Or you can use another method, whisk an egg and add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and one cup of milk and lemon juice from half lemon. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for about half an hour. Then wash off your hair with regular shampoo.
8.) Aloe Vera to Grow your Hair Faster
Aloe vera help to grow your hair and prevent hair loss. It also helps to reduce dandruff and helps to restore your hair’s natural shine.
- Take aloe vera gel and mix it with lemon juice. Apply this mixture into your hair and leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse your hair with regular shampoo. Use this remedy two times a week to promote hair growth.
- Or you can combine aloe vera gel with an equal amount of wheat germ oil and coconut oil. Then apply this mixture on your hair.
- You can drink aloe vera juice on a regular basis, it is very good for your overall health.
9.) Castor Oil to Grow your Hair
It is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, especially omega 9 fatty acid. Castor oil also promotes hair growth naturally.
- This oil is quite viscous, so you can mix it with an equal amount of almond oil and coconut oil. massage your scalp with it and leave it for about half and hour. Then shampoo your hair.
- You can also add essential which helps to grow your hair like rosemary, eucalyptus, particularly peppermint, lavender and thyme oil with castor oil and put them in your hair.
10.) Infuse your Hair with Herbs
Herbs like nettle catnip, rosemary burdock promote hair growth are excellent for hair growth because it stimulates the hair follicles and adds lustre to your hair.
- Prepare an herbal infusion by steeping any of these herbs in hot water for about 10 to 20 minutes. Use it as after shampooing and conditioning your hair. It promotes hair growth and strengthens them.
- You can also mix herbal infusion or essential oils in your shampoo.
- Or you can make a tea from these herbs, then drink this tea.