People argue about fats and carbohydrate but almost everyone that protein is important. Eating plenty of protein has numerous benefits. Protein is a macro-nutrient important for the proper growth and function of the human body. It can help you to lose weight and increase the muscle mass and strength. There is a considerable debate over the amount of protein needs to consume per day. The recommended daily intake (RDI) 56grams for men and 46 grams for women. But many fitness experts believe that people need much more than that. Any excess protein is turned into energy by the body and it is controversial whether this excess protein causes a strain in the liver. However, the deficiency of protein can lead to muscle atrophy and impaired functioning of the human body in general. Here is the list of high protein foods.
List of High Protein Foods:
1.) Chicken Breast- Protein Rich Food
Chicken breast contains about 30 gm of protein in 100 gm of serving, which is more than half of your DV. That’s why it is bodybuilder favorite food as well as for those who are looking to add lean muscle to their physique.
- Chicken breast is considered a high-quality protein if compared to other cut from the same chicken such as thigh or legs. The chicken breast will not only help you to build muscles it will also help you to lose fat.
- It is also a good source of minerals like iron and magnesium, as well as vitamin B6 and B12. Chicken breast also contains cholesterol so you should also take care of the consumption as to not exceed your cholesterol for the day.
2.) Pork Chop- High Protein Foods
Pork chop contains about 27 gm of protein in 100 gm of serving. It often takes a backseat to chicken and beef, but when it comes to popular meat choices, lean cut of pork provide plenty of protein without adding a lot of fat. Ham and bacon have given it the reputation of being a fatty meat. But you have to remember that beef and chicken also have fattier pieces. You can be selective with your pork and use it as high protein foods.
- Like any other meat, you have to make sure to having a serving of vegetables with it to help your digestive system process. Animal source of protein doesn’t contain fiber so they need an assist in the way of vegetable.
- Go for a boneless pork chop. You can cook pork chops just similarly to chicken breast. It will provide your meal enough protein.
3.) Swiss Cheese- Food High in Protein
It contains about 25 gm of protein in 100 gm of serving. Swiss cheese is considered as the protein powerhouse that’s why it comes in the category of high protein foods. It provides all of the protein of your daily recommendation but you should eat a 100 gm of serving in order to meet half protein of your daily need. That would be lots of cheese in one sitting.
- Swiss cheese and other cheese are also a good source of calcium, so will not only provide you enough amount of protein but it will also provide a good amount of calcium. Just only one ounce of swiss cheese will give you a fifth of the calcium of your daily need.
- You can also choose Mozilla cheese which is also a good source of protein, it contains about 22gm of protein. Just be aware of the fat and cholesterol content of whichever cheese you choose.
4.) Lamb loin- High Protein Foods
Lamb loin is also a high protein food. It contains about 25 gm of protein in 100 gm of serving which provides you half of the protein of your daily recommendation. Lamb is also a rich source of iron. Your body will make quick use of iron from lamb
- Lamb is often thought as a fatty meat and is not the popular meat in America, but it is highly popular in countries like Britain, France or Australia.
- Lamb can be used much like beef but there are also a plenty of ways to cook lamb. Rack of lambs and lamb chops are the two examples.
5.) Salmon- Rich Source of Protein
Salmon is one of the best high protein foods and often regarded as a healthy food which you should eat few times a week. It not only contain protein but also a rich source of omega 3s. if you are looking for a protein and substitute of chicken and beef, than nothing can be better than salmon. Go with the oil fish to get the omega 3s as well.
- The omega 3s which you are getting from fish considered more important than protein because there are several ways to take protein but very few ways to meet you need of omega 3s.
- Salmon is both beneficial for brain and heart the two most important organs which you have.
- A fillet of salmon makes a great main dish but you can make salmon cake or salmon patties from it.
6.) Ham- High Protein Foods
Ham contain about 23 gm of protein in 100 gm of serving. It provides generous amount of thiamine, niacin and riboflavin which is also pretty impressive.
- Ham contain more fat than any other source of protein, so it may not be the best way to get your protein if you are trying to lose weight.
- This mineral may not seem entirely important as they don’t get as much attention as magnesium and iron but they are still important if you are looking to improve your overall health.
- You don’t want to eat more when it comes to ham as it is not the leanest source of protein. But you can eat it occasionally. You can add ham to soup, add it to the salad.
7.) Black Beans- Food High in Protein
Black beans will fulfill your all require of protein if you are vegetarian and looking for high protein foods. It is packed with 22 gms of protein in 100 gm of serving.
- Not only the black beans are high in protein many other beans also contain high amount of protein such as soybeans, kidney beans, navy beans, lima beans and more.
- Black beans are also a good source of fiber which helps you to feel full and balance your blood sugar level. It is the best way to take both protein and fiber from same food. As many high protein foods are less in fiber.
- Black beans and other types of beans make great side dish. You can add them to soups and chill for more texture, flavor, and protein.
8.) Almonds- Rich Source of Protein
Almonds contain about 21 mg of protein in 100gm of serving. almonds and other nuts can help you to keep satisfied because they provide both fiber and protein and healthy fats. These three factors help you to have a sustained satisfied feeling.
- One of the best thing about almonds is, it contain healthy fat both polyunsaturated and monosaturated. These fats will actually help you to lose fat if needed and will help you to maintain a healthy weight.
- You can use almonds as a snack which can help you to feel satisfied for the next meal and will help provide you protein. It is one of the best high Protein foods with essential fat.
- You can add crushed almonds to your cooking in various ways for a nutty flavor and plenty of protein or you can add slivered almonds on the top of salads.
9.) Eggs- High Protein Foods
The egg is a great way to increase your protein intake, it is very easy to look and can be used as a part of a larger dish. The egg will give you with an assortment of vitamin and minerals.
- There is a debate over whether to eat the yolk or not. If you want to eat both the yolk and white to get all the protein as each of containing equal amount of protein but egg yolk also contain fat. So those who want to take eat only protein, they can go for egg white.
- You can make an egg in several different ways whichever you want to make. You can boil eggs or make scrambled eggs.
10.) Ground Beef- Foods High in Protein
Ground beef contains about 26 gms of protein in 100 gm of serving. It provides half of protein of your daily recommendation. Beef is also a good source of iron as well as vitamin B but it is also high in cholesterol. So consider all the factor, meet your various requirement and keep below your daily limit in other areas.
Avoid the corn fed convention ground beef which is found in many stores and always choose organic grass fed ground beef. It is one of the high protein foods.