Do you find yourself longing for the sharp jaw lines and chiseled cheekbones of runway models and Hollywood actors? Look no further! In this article, we shall discuss how to lose weight in your face. Firstly, you should analyze whether there is a need to lose weight in your face. If you have an average body shape and weight, assess whether your face is in proportion with the rest of you. Ask someone close to tell you, if you cannot do it yourself. Sometimes people may have a distorted view of their bodies.
Causes for Weight in Your Face:
Sometimes, carrying extra weight around your face can make you look more heavyset than you really are. But it is also possible that the fullness of your face is a hereditary feature. In some cases, the weight you carry in your face is the remnants of “puppy fat”. This type of fat will fade as you grow older and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Which brings us to the number one cause for extra weight in the face. In today’s world, it can be hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle with all the temptations that are readily available. Whether it is excess alcohol consumption or just overindulgence in comfort foods. If you want to lose weight in your face, you must commit to a healthy lifestyle. In some rarer cases, an abnormally chubby face can be an indicator of other health problems. Such as kidney problems, sinus infections, allergies, insect bites, bumps, dental issues, edema, etc.
Methods to Lose Weight in Your Face:
It is not really possible to spot-burn fat. In order to lose weight in your face, you must focus on overall weight loss. Generally, when you have an all-rounded weight loss plan, it is easy to lose weight in your face as well.
1. Hydration to Lose Weight in Your Face
The number one key tip for weight loss is to stay hydrated. You can do this by drinking at least the minimum requirement of water in a day. By drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated, you are reducing the chance of fluid retention in your body. When your body does not receive the minimum dosage of hydration, then it tends to store the moisture for its functions. Due to this, there will be bloating in different parts of your body. This extra weight is generally termed as water weight.
- Make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water that are spaced throughout the day.
- Stay away from beverages that are high in calories, caffeine and artificial sugars, such as sodas, coffee, and the like. These types of drinks tend to dehydrate the body rather than provide the essential hydration.
- If you want to change things up a little, then try flavored waters. Opt to make your own flavored waters, rather than going for store-bought ones that are high in sugars.
2. Boost Weight Loss with Calcium
Calcium, we know, plays the key role in building and maintain bone density and strength. But in addition to this, many studies have shown a positive correlation between calcium intake and weight loss. Calcium plays a vital role in regulating body weight and on fat metabolism in the body. And so, it is a useful supplement for people looking to lose weight and body fat. Further studies have shown that when dietary calcium interacts with a dietary protein, the chances of regaining fat are greatly reduced. There is another possible reason for significant weight loss in relation to calcium. When consuming low-fat and calcium-rich foods, people are having more filling meals. And so, there is no need for unhealthy mid-meal snacks.
- Add these low-fat, calcium-rich foods to your diet: non-fat dairy products like skim milk and yogurt. Tofu, dark leafy greens, broccoli, sardines, organic cheddar cheese, and orange juice.
- If you are unable to consume dairy products to meet your calcium needs, then take calcium supplements. Remember to follow the instructions on the bottle.
3. Magnesium for Weight Loss
Magnesium is necessary for the part of your brain that regulates melatonin. Melatonin is what controls your sleep cycle. The natural melatonin production in our bodies starts to slow down with age. Another factor that affects the melatonin levels is when we force ourselves to stay awake. This confuses the body as to when it should produce melatonin, and can lead to difficulty sleeping. As we know, proper sleep is essential to sustain weight loss. The best way to obtain magnesium to correct this is from natural sources. Magnesium rich foods are known to be quite a weight loss friendly item.
Add these to your diet to help burn fat: Dark leafy greens such as spinach and chard, unsalted and dry roasted or raw seeds such as pumpkin seeds and almonds, fish, soy and black beans, and, fiber-rich grains like bran.
4. Salt to Lose Weight Naturally
The salt in your diet leads to water retention in your body. How this works is that when there is an excess amount of salt in your system, your body tries to balance this by retaining large amounts of water. And this translates into bloating of our body, making us look fat. In addition to this, too much salt can have negative effects on our health. It increases blood pressure and over time can lead to a heart failure or a stroke.
- Cut back on junk food and fast food. These are loaded with salt. In processed foods, it may not taste like there is any salt, but if you read the label you will notice the amount of sodium they put in. Table salt is a big culprit in causing us to bloat. So take this off your pantry.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out excess salts in your system.
- Potassium helps maintain balance in your system by flushing out water and sodium out of the body. Include these potassium-rich foods in your diet: Bananas, carrots, spinach, raisins.
5. Masks to Lose Weight in Your Face
One other reason our faces may look bigger is aging. When we age, the skin on our face starts to droop and sag. Using a natural mud/clay mask can help to tighten the skin and prevent the sagging. It also aids in making the face thinner. This works because some percent of the surface fat is fluid retention. The mask effectively pulls the facial skin back as it dry, and tightens the skin to leave it smoother with a youthful glow. You can make one of your own. This ensures no hidden harmful substances in commercial face masks come in contact with your skin. Follow this simple recipe to make a basic face mask at home:
- In a bowl, combine together 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1 tablespoon of ground oats.
- Mix this well to get a paste with a thick consistency. Apply this all over your face.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, till it dries. Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply a face moisturizer, so that your skin doesn’t dry out from the mask treatment.
6. Lose Weight in Your Face with Cucumbers
Cucumbers are a good home remedy to lose weight in your face. This vegetable has been used in numerous skin care treatments to help refresh the skin. In addition, the natural enzymes and astringent properties of cucumbers help to reduce bloating and to tighten the skin.
- Place 1 large cucumber or 2 small ones in the refrigerator. Let them chill for 30 minutes. Once it is cold, cut them into slices. Place these slices over your face. Now lay back and let the cucumbers work their magic. Once the slices are no longer cold, replace them with new, cold ones.
- Alternatively, extract the juice from one cucumber. Let this chill in the refrigerator. Once it is cool, soak a cotton ball in it and apply to your face. Once it is dry, apply another layer. Repeat this for 15-20 minutes. Now wash your face with cool water and pat dry.
7. Tea to Lose Weight on Face
Another excellent way to supplement weight loss is by drinking tea. Green tea is the healthiest and most popular choice for this. Loaded with antioxidants and tannins, tea helps to boost the metabolism in our bodies. Drink a cup of green tea in place of coffee or any other caffeine-rich, sugar-rich drinks for your beverage needs. If you want a wider variety that just green tea, these other fat burning teas are a good option:
- Matcha Tea: This Japanese tea is quite popular for its ability to reduce the storage of fat. It contains a concentration of the EGCG compound which helps boost lipolysis, as well as block adipogenesis. In one study, it was found that the group of people who drank this tea lost twice as much weight and four times as much visceral fat as compared to the other group.
- Oolong tea: An excellent alternative to green tea, this Chinese tea preparation can help burn through a pound in just a week with no extra exercise required. Oolong tea contains antioxidants that boost metabolism.
8. Facial Exercises to Lose Weight in Your Face
These exercises will promote blood circulation through your facial muscles. This will help to burn fat and lose weight in your face. Furthermore, when there is a rapid loss in weight, you risk your skin becoming loose and sagging. Doing these exercises will ensure your face muscles are firm and your skin stays tight.
- Chin Lift: This works to not only tone your facial muscles but also your neck muscles. It is an excellent exercise to get rid of that double chin. Follow this to perform this exercise – tilt your head towards the ceiling and keep your eyes fixed towards it. Now, form a tight pucker of your lips, much like you are trying to kiss the ceiling. Hold this position for 10 seconds and relax. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Fish Face: This is an exercise you can do anywhere, like while you’re watching TV or while typing away at that important document for work. It works to tone your cheek muscles. Follow this to perform this exercise – suck in your cheeks and lips to form the “fish face” and try smiling at the same time. Hold this posture for 5 seconds. You will feel the burn in your cheeks and jaws. Relax your face and repeat this 10 times.
- Blow Air: This works almost all the facial and neck muscles. It tones them to provide a natural facelift to give a leaner appearance. Follow this to perform this exercise – sit on a chair with your spine straight. Now, tilt your head back as far as possible to face the ceiling. Bring your lips together to imitate blowing out air from your mouth. You can actually blow air out as well. Hold this position for 10 seconds, then relax. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
9. Daily Exercise to Lose Fat
As addressed in the beginning, there is no way to spot burn the fat on our bodies. Facial fat is one of the first to go when following a healthy diet and exercise routine. It is best to incorporate moderate exercise into your daily routine. This not only helps to lose fat but also to maintain your health. If the gym is not the place for you, you can always go for a swim or play soccer or another sport to get you active. If you opt to walk, take brisk walks for 30 minutes. You can jog for 20 minutes otherwise. Keep things interesting by joining something fun like kayaking or dancing classes. It is important to get a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise for at least 5 days of the week.
10. Sleep to Lose Weight in Your Face
This may be the last thing you would expect to lose weight. But studies have shown that getting your minimum requirement of sleep aids in weight loss. Your body produces a hormone called leptin that regulates and inhibits hunger. Without this hormone, you are more prone to reach for foods that bring you instant comfort and satiation. And normally such foods are high in saturated fats, processed sugars, and salts. Without enough sleep, the leptin levels in your body are thrown off balance. So make sure to get your minimum 7-8 hours of sleep every night to feel refreshed and lose weight.