Tooth pain is the worse thing you can face. You can’t even sleep at night if it occurs at night. Some of the main causes of tooth pain are cavities, an infection, a cracked tooth, an exposed tooth root gum disease, a loose filling and jaw joint disorder. A tooth pain occurs when the central region of the tooth, known as the pulp, becomes inflamed or irritated. The pulp consists of several nerve endings that are highly sensitive. Pulp can become irritated or inflamed due to many reasons, some of which are noted above. If you have tooth pain, it is best to go to the dentist before the problem gets worse. You can also try some home remedies for tooth pain treatment.
Home Remedies for Tooth Pain Treatment:
1.) Clove to Treat Tooth Pain
Clove is very effective to reduce wisdom teeth as well as other toothaches pain. It has anesthetic and analgesic properties that can help to numb the pain. It also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can prevent infection. You can use both clove oil and clove buds to treat tooth pain.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the clove oil. Apply this oil in your mouth close to the affected tooth. Use this remedy 2 to 3 times. If you find clove oil too strong so you can dilute it with a little olive oil.
- You can also use the whole clove. Place 2 or 3 whole cloves in your mouth close to the aching tooth. Use this remedy as needed.
- Or you can mix 1 crushed garlic clove and a little rock salt with a few drops of clove oil to make a paste. Apply a thick coat of this paste on the swollen gums and leave it on for 8 to 10 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy once or twice a day.
2.) Onion to Cure Tooth Pain
Onions have phytochemicals such as trisulfides, disulfides, vinyl dithiins, cepaene that have antimicrobial and anticancer properties. Thus, it can kill the germs causing infection in your mouth and give you relief from pain. The more pungent an onion will be, more effective it will work. Onion can also help in relieving swelling and pain due to a toothache. Yellow and red onions are more effective than the sweet and white onions when it comes to pain relief and other disease fighting qualities. Onions have antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can provide relief from toothaches and kill germs that may cause an infection. It is one of the best home remedies for tooth pain.
- Use this remedy several times a day to lessen the pain.
- Or you can place a small piece of raw onion directly on the affected tooth.
- If you cannot chew due to swelling and pain. Just simply chew a few slices of raw onion for a few minutes.
3.) Garlic to Get Rid of Tooth Pain
Garlic is considered as one of the best home remedies for tooth pain. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and other medicinal properties that help relieve tooth pain. It can even prevent or slow down bacterial infections in your mouth.
- Crush a garlic clove and hold it against your affected tooth.
- You can also chew 1 to 2 raw garlic cloves to get relief from the pain.
- Or you can mix some black salt with a 1 to 2 crushed garlic cloves to make a paste. Apply it on the affected area. then leave it on for a few minutes and then spit it out.
- Use these remedies once or twice a day for a few days to get rid of the pain.
4.) Peppermint to Cure Tooth Pain
Peppermint is very effective and considered as the oldest home remedy home remedy for tooth pain. It has antiviral, anti-bacterial and has mild anesthetic properties that help to relieve pain. It can also help to get rid of bacteria in the mouth that may cause infection.
- Rub some peppermint oil on the painful area.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Then rinse if off your mouth with warm salt water.
- You can also take a cup of hot water and add 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves. Cover and steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sip this solution and swish in your mouth for 30 seconds, then spit it out. Repeat with the remaining solution.
- Use this home remedies for tooth pain 2 or 3 times a day until the pain gets better.
5.) Guava Leaves to Reduce Tooth Pain
Guava leaves work as an excellent pain reliever. It also has a Quercetin and bioflavonoid which has anti-spasm properties. The high content of Quercetin in guava leaves is responsible for relieving pain. Guava leaves have many properties that include antibacterial, astringent, pain blocking, and disinfecting qualities. These leaves can also cure bleeding gums and bad breath.
- Take 1 to 2 leaves of guava and chew them slowly to release juice into your mouth.
- Or you can boil 4 to 5 leaves of guava in a glass of water for about 5 minutes. Then let the solution cool down a little. Once the liquid gets tolerably warm. Then you can use it as a mouthwash.
- You can more it more effective by mixing one-half teaspoon of salt.
6.) Wheatgrass to Get Rid of Tooth Pain
Wheatgrass is made from the cotyledons of the wheat plant. A cotyledon is one of the most important parts of the embryo within the seed of a plant. The Juice which is made from this wheatgrass is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll. Chlorophyll has excellent anti-bacterial properties which inhibits the growth of bacteria in the mouth. It has the ability to neutralize the toxins in your body. It also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic property. Only a little amount of wheatgrass can prevent tooth decay. These properties of wheatgrass juice make it one of the best remedies for tooth pain.
- Slowly chew a few fresh wheatgrass, then spit them out.
- Use this remedy to get relief from the pain.
- Or you can extract the juice of wheatgrass. Use it as a mouthwash several times a day until you get relief from the pain.
7.) Vanilla to Stop Tooth Pain
Vanilla extract is extracted from vanilla beans by brewing them with water and alcohol. A little concentration of alcohol makes it rich antioxidant. It can help to numb the pain around the gums. Vanilla essence is not same as vanilla extract, it is made by combining chemicals. On the other hand vanilla, extract is come up from the original vanilla plants. If you use vanilla essence instead of extract, you might not get the same effect on your painful wisdom tooth.
- Apply 3 or 4 drops of vanilla extract onto a cotton ball.
- Hold the cotton ball directly on the affected tooth for several minutes.
- Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a day until the problem gone.
8.) Asafetida to Treat Tooth Pain
It is one of the effective home remedies for tooth pain. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antispasmodic properties.
- Simply place a small amount of asafetida on the affected tooth to get quick relief from pain.
- Or you can also mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1/4 teaspoon of asafetida powder. Slightly heat this mixture. Soak a cotton ball in the solution and place it on the affected tooth.
- Use this remedy few times a day until you get relief.
9.) Sage to Reduce Tooth Pain
Sage is one of the best effective home remedies for tooth pain, it works as a natural pain reliever and very effective to provide instant relief from pain. It has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties that can help to cure toothaches, gingivitis, bleeding gums and mouth sores.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of dried, crushed sage in a small glass.
- Pour vodka or whiskey in the glass.
- Allow it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Swish the mixture around your mouth for a few minutes, then spit it out.
- Repeat with the remaining solution.
- Follow this remedy 2 or 3 times a day until the pain reduce.
10.) Salt to Get Rid of Tooth Pain
Salt is very effective to get rid of a pain in the tooth. It is considered as best and easy to make home remedies for tooth pain. Salt helps reduce the inflammation in the gums and prevent and fight infection.
- Mix one or two table teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. Swish it in your mouth several three to four times a day to keep the pain and germs away.
- You can also mix equal amounts of pepper and salt with enough water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected tooth and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a day until the pain is gone.