There is nothing more attractive than a thick head of hair, a hair can show a big difference in your appearance. But don’t worry you are not alone if you are suffering from hair loss. Hair loss is a problem that many people suffer. There can be many factors behind hair loss such as environmental effects, much stress, ageing, nutritional deficiencies, excessive smoking, hormonal imbalance, scalp infection, genetic factors, using moreover chemical products etc. There are 100,000 stands of hair on your scalp and it’s normal to lose about 50 to 100 strands a day. But when you start to lose more than that, then understand it’s time for you to take some action so it doesn’t convert into baldness or bald spots. You use these tips or remedies to stop hair loss.
Ways to Stop Hair Loss:
1.) Coconut Oil to Treat Hair Loss
Lauric acid found in coconut oil binds protein in hair and protects both the strands and roots of hair from breakage. Coconut oil is also known as mimic sebum. Sebum is the body natural oil that helps to keep the scalp from getting dry and coats hair roots to protect them from damage. A well-oiled scalp with happy follicles is a key to stop hair loss. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft and protects them against environmental impurities and excess heat.
The natural antioxidant and nutrients like vitamin E, K, and iron found in coconut oil boost hair growth and regrowth. It contains both antibacterial and antifungal properties to protect against bacterial or fungal problems that limit hair growth. Massaging your hair with coconut oil helps to improve the blood circulation to the scalp and hair follicles. It helps hair follicles to absorb the important nutrient in the oil necessary for hair regrowth.
- You can even make coconut oil at your home. Add a freshly grated coconut oil to a pan of water. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Then strain the solution.
- When it will get cool apply it thoroughly onto the scalp and into the hair. Leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes, then wash your hair with regular shampoo.
- You can make the treatment more effective, you need to mix powdered fenugreek seeds with black pepper to the coconut milk before using it.
2.) Onion Juice to Prevent Hair Loss
Onion juice helps to stop hair loss due to the sulphur present in it, it helps to increase blood circulation to the hair follicles. It regenerates hair follicles and reduces inflammation.
- It has antibacterial properties which help to kill germs and parasites and treat scalp infection that causes hair loss.
- According to the study published in the journal of dermatology in 2002. Almost 75 percent of the participant who applied onion juice on the scalp see the improvement in hair regrowth.
- Take an onion to extract the juice by grating it and then strain it. Apply this juice directly on the scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes. Then wash it off with your regular shampoo.
- Mix two tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel with three tablespoons of onion juice. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil if you want. Apply this mixture on your scalp. Then leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse if off with your regular shampoo.
- Use this remedy two to three times a week for several weeks.
3.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hair Loss
Aloe Vera is very effective not only for your skin but also to stop hair loss. It contains enzymes that promote hair growth. Alkalizing property of aloe vera can help to bring the scalp and hairs ph to a more desirable level, which can promote hair growth. Regular use of Aloe Vera in your scalp help it from itching and reduces inflammation. It also gives your hair a strength and lustre, removes dandruff. You can use both aloe gel and juice.
- Apply Aloe Vera juice or gel onto the scalp.
- Leave it for about a few hours, then rinse if off with cool water.
- Repeat the process three to four times a week.
- You can also take one tablespoon of aloe vera juice daily or an empty stomach, it will keep you healthy internally and give you a better hair growth.
4.) Licorice Root to Stop Hair Loss
Licorice root is a very effective remedy that prevents hair loss and further damage to the hair. The properties of licorice roots open the pores and soothe the scalp and get rid of irritation like dry flakes. This remedy is good for dandruff hair loss and baldness.
- You need to add one tablespoon of licorice root powder with a quarter teaspoon of saffron one cup of water. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply this paste on bald patches before going to bed and leave it for overnight.
- Then wash off your hair in the morning.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week.
- Or you can make a tea of licorice root. Drink it three times a day.
5.) Chinese Hibiscus to Get Rid of Hair Loss
This flower has many natural properties that can help to stop hair loss. It also promotes hair growth. Chinese hibiscus plant can also be used to treat dandruff and prevent split ends. It also helps to thicken hair and prevent hair from graying.
- You need to add 10 Chinese hibiscus flower with two cups of coconut oil.
- Heat the solution until charred. Strain the solution and collect the oil.
- Apply this oil on your hair before going to bed and leave it for overnight
- Then wash it off with your regular shampoo next morning.
- Use this remedy few times a week to stop hair loss.
6.) Massage to Stop Hair Loss
The first thing you can do to your hair is to massage your scalp with appropriate hair oil. Proper scalp and hair massage will increase blood flow to the hair follicles and condition the scalp and enhance the strength of your hair roots. It also promotes relaxation and gives you relief.
- You can use any oil whichever you want like olive oil, almond oil, amla oil or other oils. Or you can add a few drops of rosemary essential oil for the better and faster result.
- You can also use argon oil, emu oil, and wheat germ oil. Massage your scalp from any of the oil mentioned.
- Massage your hair and scalp for at least once a week.
7.) Gooseberry to Get Rid of Hair Loss
It is very effective for natural and fast hair growth, Indian gooseberry is also known as amla. It is a rich in vitamin C, the deficiency of it can cause hair loss.
- It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and exfoliating properties that can maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth.
- You need to mix one tablespoon of each Indian gooseberry and lemon juice.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp. Then cover your hair with the shower cap.
- Leave it for overnight the next morning shampoo your hair.
8.) Restore Moisture Through Hot Oil Treatments
You can use any natural oil including canola or safflower, olive oil. Use this method judiciously as frequent use of hot oil or using oil which is too hot can bring graying.
- Heat them but not too hot, The ideal temperature is not exceeding 40 degrees Celsius Then, massage the form this oil into your scalp and hair.
- Put on a shower cap for about an hour after applying the oil. after on hour, rinse your shampoo out the oil.
- You can apply Mayonnaise, it also works well as a conditioner. Slather your hair with a generous dollop, put on a shower cap for up to an hour, and then rinse it off.
9.) Flaxseeds to Stop Hair Loss
Flaxseeds are considered as one of the best remedies to stop hair loss. It is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids that can prevent further hair loss and encourage hair growth.
- You need to add one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds with a glass of water, then consume it daily in the morning to manage hair loss. You can also add flaxseeds to your salads soups, smoothies, and other dishes.
- Or you can simply apply flaxseed oil to your hair.used it as a hair oil. it can prevent hair loss as well as strengthen your hair.
10.) Beetroot to Get Rid of Hair Loss
Beetroot juice contains protein, carbohydrate, phosphorus, potassium calcium and vitamin B and C. All these nutrients are essential for hair growth.
- Or you can include it in your diet. you can also add alfalfa juice, spinach juice, lettuce juice or carrot juice to keep your hair healthy.
- Or you can grind a few beetroot leaves along with henna. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat it several times a week.