Having white teeth is a sign of good health and personal hygiene. A shining set of sparkling white teeth can make anyone appearance more attractive and is essential for a lovely smile. Many people avoid smiling in public because they are self-conscious about the color of their teeth. Teeth gradually become yellow due to hereditary factor, poor dental hygiene, aging, excessive consumption of tea and coffee, cigarette and tobacco. Climate condition, high dose of antibiotics, improper metabolism and infection also contributes to discoloring of teeth. People often seek professional treatment to remove the yellow tinge from their teeth, but this type of treatment takes time and can be expensive. If you want to get rid of yellow teeth, here are some best way to whiten teeth.
Best Way to Whiten Teeth:
1.) Baking Soda to Whiten Teeth
Baking soda is considered the best way to whiten teeth. It is one of the best ingredients because it helps to remove plaque and gives you pearly white shine.
- Take little toothpaste and mix a quarter teaspoon of baking soda. Brush your teeth with this mixture, then rinse with warm water. Use this remedy once or twice a week to get rid of yellow teeth.
- Or you can combine baking soda with white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide or lemon juice. Brush your teeth with this mixture. Then rinse it off with warm water.
- You can make a whitening mouth wash by mixing half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and one tablespoon of baking soda with one cup of water. Wash your mouth with this solution two to three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can gently scrub your teeth at least two minutes with diluted baking soda. Use this twice for the first week, then every 15 days. You also need to know that excess use of baking soda can strip the natural layer of enamel from your teeth.
2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Whiten Teeth
The mild bleaching effect of hydrogen peroxide will help to make yellow teeth white again. Use it daily before you brush your teeth to whiten teeth naturally. Make sure to dilute the solution of hydrogen peroxide by adding water.
- Use hydrogen peroxide with caution because it can cause irritation of the gums and make your teeth sensitive.
- You can also make a paste of hydrogen peroxide with baking soda then gently brush your teeth later with the regular toothpaste.
- Then brush your teeth as you normally do.
- Spit out the solution and rinse your mouth with water.
- Pour two tablespoons of the hydrogen peroxide into your mouth and swish it around for one minute. The solution will start to grow foam and you will know that it is working. Make sure not to swallow the mixture of hydrogen peroxide. The hydrogen peroxide combines with oral bacteria cause bubbles in your mouth but it will not taste good. Some people dislike this method due to the bad taste.
3.) Activated Charcoal to Get Whiten Teeth Naturally
Activated charcoal is specifically meant for use as a medicine, it is different from common barbecue charcoal. It works by absorbing chemical and often used as a remedy for intestinal acid or gas. It works by absorbing toxins and chemicals this property draws stain off your teeth.
- You can easily buy activated charcoal at natural health stores and drug store. Or you can buy it online.
- Prefer to buy power form of activated charcoal rather than tablets because it will be easier to rub on your teeth or it will give yu more charcoal on the same price.
You can see the result of activated charcoal within just a few uses. After the few uses, the result would be easily noticeable.
- It also reduces the acid found in the mouth and prevent cavities because it is a good pH neutralizer.
- Dip a clean, wet toothbrush into a powdered charcoal and rub your teeth in a circular motion for two minutes. Then spit out the charcoal, it may be difficult because your mouth will be dry. Just to accumulate as much as saliva spit it out.
- Don’t get panic at the way your mouth looks. It will be all black from the charcoal, you do not need to worry. Rinse it off with water. You may need to do this few times to completely wash away the charcoal.
4.) Salt Water for White Teeth
Salt is one of the fundamental dental cleansing agents that has been used since ages. It helps to replenish lost mineral content in the teeth and helps revive their white color. Instead of your toothpaste you can dip you toothbrush into the salt mixture for three to four minutes. The salt temporarily increases the pH balance of your mouth and turn your mouth into an alkaline environment in which bacteria and germs cannot survive.
- Don’t roughly brush your teeth because it can damage to your gums and tooth enamel.
- You can rinse your mouth with salt water after a meal because it can keep your mouth and throat clean while healing and soothing mouth sores.
- Or you can mix baking soda with common salt and gently rub it on your teeth.
- You can also mix common salt with charcoal and brush your teeth regularly each morning.
- Your gums will hurt for a little while but this is absolutely normal because the salt is hygroscopic and it attracts water. Don’t use this remedy once a week because salt can also be abrasive.
5.) Margosa to Whiten Teeth
Margosa is one of the best ways to whiten teeth. It has antiseptic and astringent properties. Regular use of margosa oil prevent dental cavities and also helps to get rid of bad breath.
- You can chew margosa branches to treat teeth problems and remove yellow discoloring. Or you can use margosa twigs as a toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- You can mix margosa oil with your regular toothpaste to brush your teeth.
6.) Strawberries to Whiten Teeth
Strawberries contain a good amount of vitamin C that can break down plaque, and the malic acid in them can remove surface stains.
- Take three large strawberries to make a paste. Gently rub the paste on your teeth. Use this remedy twice a day for a few weeks to vanish the yellow tinge on your teeth.
- Or you can mix the one-half teaspoon of baking soda with the pulp of one strawberry and spread the mixture onto your teeth. leave it for a few minutes to sit down. Then rinse your mouth with toothpaste to remove the residue.
7.) Lemon to Whiten Teeth Naturally
Lemon has a bleaching property which helps to whiten teeth. Scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel and gargling with lemon juice is one the best way to whiten teeth.
- You can squeeze the juice of half lemon and mix it with ¼ cup of baking soda.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture to the teeth. Make sure to get it into the corners and gaps of your gums. Also, rub on the back of the teeth.
- Immediately brush your teeth after one minute. Don’t leave it for the too long as it is acidic in nature and can wear away your precious pearly whites. It can also have a negative impact on your tooth enamel if your will leave it for longer.
- Use only once a week or less often.
8.) Basil to Get Rid of Yellow Teeth
Basil is very effective for your oral problem such as pyorrhea which is an advanced form of periodontal disease. The leaves of holy basil also have whitening properties.
- Put a few leaves of holy basil in the sun for few hours to dry leaves. Then grind them into powder form. Mix the powder of basil leaves with your regular toothpaste and brush your teeth.
- Or you can make a paste of mustard oil and basil leaves then use it to clean your teeth.
9.) Apple to Whiten Teeth
You must have heard the quote that an apple a day keeps a doctor away. Eating a crunchy apple can scrub your teeth like a toothbrush and make them whiter.
- Try to eat one apple daily to get rid of yellow stain accumulated on your teeth.
- Chew it so that the acidic nature of the apple and its fiber-rich rough flesh get ample time to work on your teeth.
- You can also eat crunchy food items such as cucumbers, raw carrots, and broccoli.
10.) Orange Peel to Whiten Teeth
Regular cleaning your teeth with fresh orange peel help to reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth.
- Rub orange peel over your teeth every night before going to sleep.
- Orange peel contains vitamin C and calcium which combat microorganism throughout the night.
- Use this remedy for a few weeks and you will notice effective results.
- You can use dried orange peel powder if the fresh orange peel is not available.