Boils are skin infection caused by staphylococcus aureus bacteria. They are also known as furuncles. It starts with a pain similar to the infection of a hair follicle, which slowly grows into a swollen bump. Sometimes they are very painful. A boil is a skin problem caused by the deep bacterial infection due to the hair follicle. It starts with a small red bump pimple and gradually grows. They are very painful and sometimes they come along with fever. And the very first moment, when you notice any sign of a boil, you should start with the home remedies. There are many home remedies for boils which help to get rid of the pain and discomfort caused by the boil.
It generally appears on face, neck, buttocks and armpits. There are many home remedies for boils which can help you get relieved from the pain, they cause. A boil can happen to anyone. People with weak immune system are prone to boils and people who are ill or take some medication are likely to have a boil. It is very easy to identify or observe a boil. Any kind of blood or laboratory test is not required to diagnose boil.
Home Remedies for Boils:
1.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat a Boils
Tea tree oil is the best essential oil for skin, no another oil has comparisons of the effect of tea tree oil. It is best used to remove oil from the skin. This is one of the best remedies for boils. It works amazingly to remove the extra oil from the skin and prevents from boil to happen. Tea tree oil comes from a plant known for its potent antiseptic, antimicrobial and antifungal, called Melaleuca Alternifolia. All these properties help in curing boils on any part of the body. This oil is used to prevent many skin diseases and is an important ingredient in the home remedies for boils.
- Wash the boil and the surrounding skin with warm water.
- Pour some drops of tea tree oil on the boil and surroundings.
- Cover the area with surgical cotton.
- Repeat this remedy every day, till the boil is cured.
2.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Boils
The holy powder of India, turmeric is an ultimate solution for all diseases. It is obtained from the roots of a plant known as Curcuma longa. Turmeric is an essential spice which gives rich yellow color to every Indian cuisine. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the best home remedies for boils, as it can be used both; internally and topically.
- Take a bowl, add two tablespoons of turmeric.
- Add 1 cup of lukewarm water. Mix it well.
- Drink the mixture.
- Take a bowl, add 3 tablespoons of turmeric.
- Put 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix it well and make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the boil.
- Repeat the remedy to get rid of boils.
3.) Onions to Cure Boils
Onions are not used to give taste to your dishes only but is also an important ingredient to cure all the skin problems. Home made remedies for boils are incomplete without using onions. Onions have 25 active compounds like flavonoids and potassium. These compound’s posses anti-inflammatory properties. Onions help in regulating the blood circulation. And blood circulation helps in the extraction of the pus filled in the boil.
- Take two onions.
- Chop them into large pieces.
- Boil them in water.
- Remove the saucepan from the flame when water level reduces to half.
- Strain out all the water in a bowl.
- Let the water cool down.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this water on the boil.
- Repeat this method once regularly to treat the boil.
4.) Black Seed Oil to treat a Boil
Black seed oil is one of the best home remedies for boils. It is commonly known as black cumin. The extracted oil from black cumin is full of nutrients. Black cumin is very famous for weight loss remedy too! Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of black seed oil help the curing boils. It helps to cure the pain, swelling and redness of the boil. It is very good home remedy which acts very quickly on the boils.
- Take a beverage.
- Put it in a glass.
- Add half teaspoon of black cumin seed in the glass.
- Gulp down the mixture.
- Drink the beverage 2 times a day to get relief from the boil.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Boils
It is a very popular and easy to buy ingredient to cure boils. The disinfectant properties of apple cider cleanse the infection deeply. This property helps to relieve the pain and redness caused by the boil. It corrects the pH level of the skin, which helps in inflaming the surface of the skin to heal faster.
- Pour some apple vinegar in a bowl.
- Soak a cotton ball in it.
- Apply the vinegar with the cotton ball on the boil.
- If you feel the sensation, you can dilute the vinegar with water.
- People with sensitive skin are advised to dilute and then use this remedy.
- Repeat this treatment regularly for better results.
6.) Garlic to Treat Boils
Garlic is very rich with the compounds such as allicin, alliin, and ajoene, which is a great combination to deal with all the skin diseases. It is one of the best home remedies for boils. Garlic is known for its anti-inflammatory property which not only cures the boil but also gives relief from the pain.
- Take 2-3 fresh garlic cloves.
- Crush them properly in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of water and make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the boil.
- Let the paste dry for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paste using a clean and soft cloth.
- Repeat this twice a day to see visible effects.
7.) Margosa to Cure Boils
Margosa is known as the star of Ayurveda. It treats all the health problems of all the age group people. All the home remedies are incomplete without the usage of margosa also known as neem, even the home remedies for boils is not complete without neem. The leaves are rich in antioxidant, antibacterial. It fights against the infection caused by the occurrence of a boil.
- Take a handful of fresh neem leaves.
- Wash them properly.
- Grind them to form a thick paste.
- Add water if needed.
- Apply the paste on the boil and the surrounding areas.
- Use a clean gauze to cover the area.
- Apply the paste twice a day until you get completely free from the boil.
8.) Potato to Get Rid of Boils
The potato has natural skin lightening properties and is an important ingredient in skin care remedies. The highest concentration of calcium, iron, and vitamins makes the potato remedy one of the powerful home remedies for boils.
- Take a potato.
- Wash it properly.
- Peel and grate it in a bowl.
- Squeeze out all the juice from the potato pulp.
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice.
- Dab it on the boil.
- Try this process 4-5 times a day to see quick results.
9.) Cumin Seeds to Cure Boils
It is one of the very famous ingredients of Indian Curry. It has various health and skin benefits. Cumin seeds remedy is one of the quickest home remedies for boils as it has the capacity to dry the boil very quickly. It even helps in draining out the pus from the boil. It also works amazingly on the swelling and pain of the boil.
- Take approximately 50 grams of cumin seeds in a bowl.
- Add a little water and crush the seeds to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the boil.
- Leave it on until it dries.
- Try this remedy regularly to clear the boil completely from your skin.
10.) Castor Oil to Treat Boils
Castor oil is extracted from a plant called castor plant. This oil is very effective and is used widely in Ayurveda to treat skin diseases. The castor oil remedy is one of the most powerful home remedy for boils. This oil has all the anti-inflammatory properties, which works effectively on the bacteria. It gives relief to the pain and swelling caused by the boil. The inflated pus in the boil also comes out. Castor oil helps to boost up the immune system and protects from various infections.
- Take a few drops of castor oil in a bowl.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply the oil to the boil.
- Protect the boil by using a clean gauze or a bandage.
- Leave this overnight.
- Remove the gauze next morning.
- Repeat this process to get a boil free skin.