Ever regretted skipping any huge event or vacations where you had to wear a bikini or a dress in which you could not fit, or a trip to a water park just because of being overweight and chubby? If yes, then this post is surely going to give you some useful tips you may like to follow to get the body you have always wanted. Getting the desired body is not a miracle or one-day routine, it is a process that requires precious willpower and hard work. Losing stubborn body fat and getting perfect figure does not always mean to spend more time in the gym or be a source of stress. Most people often starve themselves and torture their feeding system, thinking that it delivers a fast and lasting result. However, it is not true. Starving yourself is a recipe for misery and failure. Here are different ways to lose 10 pounds at home.
Ways to Lose 10 Pounds at Home:
1.) Drink Water to Lose 10 Pounds Fast
Drinking water is very beneficial for everyone because it keeps your hydrated. Consumption of water varies from person to person. An average man should drink approx. 3 liter of water per day while a woman should consume 2.2 liters every day. Water consumption not only helps to flush out harmful chemical from your body but also increases the metabolism and the function of your body. You may also have green tea in place of water as it has a large number of antioxidants with zero calories. Green tea does not only known for fighting cancer but also helps to boost our metabolism.
- As per the study published in a renowned journal, people who take green tea extracts three times a day were able to increase their metabolism rate by 4 percent which helps to lose 10 pounds fast. There might be some chances where you get sick of consuming water and green tea. This is when you need to control your temptation for high calories beverages such as caffeinated drinks, energy drinks, and sugar drinks, including alcohol.
- Consuming alcohol depresses our nervous metabolism and slows down the metabolism. Avoiding such beverages might be a tough task, especially for epicureans, but it is sure that it can make a big difference because these beverages contain around 400 calories, which is approximately one-third of your total calories per day.
- Drinking water also flushes out the chemical and sodium. Water also a curb hunger and sometimes tricks your mind to send the signal of thirst instead of hunger. Hence, always carry a water bottle with you and consume water whenever you feel thirsty.
2.) Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
You must have heard the quote “Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper”. Well, this is actually factual. Balancing your diet also includes the structure of your consuming calories as during a day. In the hustle and bustle of our daily life, people almost skip or consume light breakfast each day to lose 10 pounds fast.
- Breakfast- It is the first and foremost meal of the day, which satisfies your appetite so you will not be very hungry at night. It is important to have some healthy breakfast within 90 minutes of waking up. The longer you wait to eat breakfast in the morning, the more our body conserves the energy and slows down our metabolism. Hence, eating breakfast early will help you enliven your metabolism and energizes your body to last until the second course of the meal called lunch. Some of the foods you may include in your diet are an egg-white omelet, spinach, banana etc.
- Lunch- Eating a substantial meal is vital to fuel your body for the afternoon. It should be lighter than breakfast and heavier than dinner. When talking about a complete diet, lunch does not get much attention as breakfast, but it is equally important to have a good lunch without consuming many calories. Your lunch might include corn, sliced tomatoes, vegetable soup, apple, pasta and bean salad, broccoli, cauliflower, orange etc.
- Dinner- The last meal of the day, helps you dropping pounds. However, consuming a large meal at dinner is a tradition in most homes. Your dinner should be lighter and may include carrot, mushroom, peanut butter, almond milk, green vegetables etc to lose 10 pounds at home.
3.) Start Yoga to Lose 10 Pounds at Home
Yoga is a stress buster and one of the most effective workouts for losing weight. Yoga might not burn as many calories as you can burn from traditional exercises, but it is very helpful to increase your mindfulness and the way you relate your body. It brings your mind, body, and breath on a single platform. It helps to clean, balance and rejuvenate our inner organs and their functions. Almost all the Yoga asanas help to clean our inner mechanism and increase our stamina and flexibility. Some of the simple yoga asanas include Surya Namaskar, Virabhadrasana, Trikonasana, bridge pose and boat pose.
- Surya Namaskar, also known as sun salutation, is among the most popular and basic asanas. Surya Namaskar involves twelve different poses incorporated in one. As it covers almost all the possible body areas such as Pranamasana (Prayer pose), Hastauttanasana (Raised arms pose), Hasta Padasana (Hand to foot pose) among the others, it is considered as a complete body workout.
- Virabhadrasana is also known as the Warrior Pose Variation. This asana helps to strengthen and tones the muscles of our hamstrings, arms, and legs. It also improves the blood circulation throughout the body and acts as a stress reliever.
4.) Limit Carbohydrate to Lose 10 Pounds Fast
Limit foods that are rich in carbohydrate, especially if you are taking refined carbohydrate. Limiting this food has shown to help support quicker weight loss. It is essential to cut refined carbohydrate. They are typically low in fiber and have less essential nutrient. Choose 100% whole grain like oats, brown rice, brown bread.
Refined carbohydrate is processed and low in nutrient like rice pasta, bagels crackers, chips, muffins. Try to avoid refined carbohydrate because they are easily digested by the body and they are directly converted into fat. Choose 100% whole grain because they are much higher in fiber and other nutrients as compared to refined grains. They provide energy to our body throughout the day.
5.) Dance to Lose weight at Home
When you think about losing weight, there are many things which come in your mind like a strict diet, weight training, cardio exercise. You can lose 10 pounds at home by dancing and you will definitely enjoy it.
You can perform whichever dance style you like such as Zumba. It is a new form of dancing but it is actually aerobic fitness program that includes dance move. Perform hip hop to lose calories, it requires high energy, hip hop is all about breaking the rules and perform in your way. Here is also another dance form from which you can follow called ballet, it is a great way to improve the flexibility of your muscles. It strengthens your hips, thigh and your back. There are also a number of dances which required high energy to perform, so you can try them.
6.) Sports to Lose 10 Pound Fast
Those who play sports always stay fit. You must have seen many athletes, they all are very fit because they have an active body. The best part of the sport is that you never get bored even if you will play the whole day and your time passes quickly. Sport is very competitive and the competition makes you push harder. It requires lots of energy and physical hard work to perform any sport.
When it comes to burning calories from the sports, the first sport which comes in our mind is swimming. It requires the users of every muscle from head to toe. An average swimmer takes more calories than the body builder, even after that they are the bag of bones. You can easily burn 100 to 600 calories in half an hour session of swimming. Sprinting is also very beneficial to lose weight and gain muscles, those who perform sprint usually have a muscular body. It strengthens your muscle and increases the amount of blood flow in your body.
7.) Evaluate Calories You Consume vs Calories You Burn
The first and foremost task to achieve your goal is to analyze where you stand and how much do you need to devote yourself to accomplish your dreams and lose 10 pounds fast. It takes 3500 calories to burn a pound, which makes the equation very simple for us to understand that we should consume fewer calories to burn more fat. That is the whole secret to quick weight loss. The theory might be a simple one to understand, but requires hard work to adhere. A normal man consumes 1500 to 2000 calories per day. Hence, you should not only consume this much calorie but also burn more than that on a daily basis to keep it balancing.
8.) Modulate Your Daily Diet to Lose 10 Pounds Fast
Modifying your diet does not mean that you need to starve yourself. Starving yourself makes it difficult to lose weight, especially when you are done with your dieting. Cutting out extra calories by consuming low-calorie diet will help you losing weight fast. Saying goodbye to foods containing refined carbohydrates such as cookies, candies, cakes, honey, white rice, white bread or any other baked sweets will help you a lot to accomplish your goal. Some of the fruits and vegetables you may include in your diet are cucumber, plum, blackberries, celery, radish, honeydew melon etc.
9.) Interval Training to Lose Pounds
It is also a very good way to lose 10 pounds fast . People burn more calories in interval training than the normal jogging and running. Scientists also found that those who do interval training burns more calories than the normal training. The example of interval training is that; go as hard as you can for the first lap and then jog after the remaining lap. A number of calories you burn at the start remain constant even after slowing down the speed.
10.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Fat
Lemon juice is one of the best remedies to get rid of fat. It improves our digestion and burns fat. Lemon cleans the unwanted matter and toxins from the body and improves digestion. Good digestion provides your body to burn fat quickly. Take a glass of warm water and squeeze a half lemon in it. You can also add honey to it. Drink two to three times a day.