Hickies are also known as love bites. The process of getting a hickey is pretty great but after that, dealing with a hickey once you have it is not so great. You know when it’s happening but for some reason, you just can’t stop it in that time. It might be that you just had a pretty awesome time. Finally, you left it with an angry red mark on your neck. It might be embarrassing for you if you are somewhere outside. If you are looking for a way to hide your from your parent, friends, colleagues, or anyone else. Then you have come to a right place. You can hide a hickey by following these methods or ideas.
Ways to Hide a Hickey:
1.) Hide a Hickey with the Right Shirt
Wearing a sweater or shirt to hide your hickey is the easiest way to protect your hickey from the world. Whether you’re a male or female. You can try these things to hide a hickey.
- A turtleneck long-sleeved shirt
- A turtleneck sweater.
- A sweater or jacket with a collar that covers your neck. Just make sure that you normally wear this type of things so that your friends will not notice your hickey because you usually wear that type of clothes.
- Don’t wear a turtleneck in the middle of the summer. This will just draw the attention to your neck. Girls can try to wear tank tops with a high collar while they’re still trendy.
- Wear that type of clothes that draws attention away from your neck. You can wear a shirt that has a funny logo on it, stripes, or an unusual zipper. The busier will be your clothed, the less likely people will be to look at your neck.
2.) Hide the Hickey with the Right Accessory
The right accessory can also help to hide your hickey. However, it might hurt you. So be careful while wearing them. Here are some accessories to try
- You can wear a scarf because the scarf is the most common accessory. Just make sure to wear it during the right season. You should not look weird when you put on the scarf. You should avoid wearing it if you have never wear a scarf.
- You can also drape a sweater across your shoulder, but only if you have tried this look before. You don’t need to grab the attention of other on your neck.
- This is also a good idea to wear a bandage over your hickey and make some fake story if anyone asks you about your bandage. If you are a girl you can make a story of burn that you got while you were curling your hair. If you are a boy, you can tell them it is a bug bite. If you have any pet so you can say that your pet scratched you on your neck. But remember that making up a story will also draw an attention to you.
- If you are a girl or a boy with long hair, then covering your hickey with your hair will be easier to you. But make sure that your hair is in the right place or not.
- Men should try to avoid wearing dog tags or chain on your neck because that will draw attention to your neck,wear watches instead of chains and tags. Women should avoid wearing jewelry, instead of wearing earring or necklace, wear bracelets or rings.
3.) Apply Concealer to Hide a Hickey
Find a concealer that matches the color of your skin tone. Apply it with your make-up brush over the hickey. If you’re not sure about which shade is best for your skin tone, first try using it on the other side of your neck to see that it matches your skin tone.
- After applying it with the brush, you can dab it with your fingers to set it into your skin.
- Carry the make-up with you wherever you go, so that you can reapply it if fades away during the day.
- Apply a translucent powder on top of the concealer to lock it in place. To ensure that the makeup lasts as long as possible. If it looks too powdery, spray some setting spray on top of it.
- You can also apply foundation if you want extra coverage for your hickey.
- Apply the foundation with the help of foundation brush and use a sponge to blend it.
4.) Cold Compress to Hide a Hickey
Cold compress constricts the broken blood capillaries and reduces the bleeding. Therefore, it is one of the best remedies to treat a hickey
- Wrap some ice cubes in a paper towel and gently press it against your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can apply an ice pack to your hickey to prevent swelling around the hickey and reduce pain.
- Don’t directly apply the ice on the skin, it can cause an ice burn.
- Use this remedy several times a day to hide a hickey.
- Or you can put the spoon in the refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes to get it cool. Then apply the spoon directly on the affected area until the spoon comes in normal temperature.
- Use this method several times a day to get rid of a hickey.
5.) Warm Compress to Hide a Hickey
Ice will only work for the first 48 hours. Then you need to switch to warm compress. After 2 days use the warm compress to get rid of the hickey.
- Ice heals the broken vessel, but heat will increase the blood flow to the affected area. This process will facilitate the healing and the reabsorption of blood.
- Use hot water bottle or a microwavable heating pad.
- Make sure not to apply the heat therapy for more than 20 minutes a time. If you have diabetes or poor circulation, don’t use this heat therapy.
6.) Massage to Remove Hickey
If you don’t want that area on the skin, then you need to prevent blood clotting under your skin. Massage the area gently, it will allow blood to circulate from the damaged vessel. It will help to facilitate blood flow to the site of injury.
- Place two fingers on the affected area and gently rub the area with these two fingers in the circular motion for about a minute.
- Then change the direction of rubbing and keep doing this by changing the direction. This will help to disperse the blood wherever it can be. Continue this process five to six minutes and repeat the process several times a day hide a hickey
7.) Scratching to Hide a Hickey
It is considered as the most painful method to remove a hickey, but it is a very effective method. So try stretching.
- You need to stretch the skin around your hickey until it gets flat. You can do this by pulling the skin away from the hickey on opposite ends. Then scrape the skin using the edge of the coin. Your motion should be like that, you apply butter to bread, means it should be outward.
- In this method, you need to scrape the skin as hard as you can, but not so much as to break the skin or hurt yourself. This method pushes the clotted blood out of the surface skin.
- After using this method your skin would get a little tender and reddened, the redness will go away instantly. This is very effective method to get rid of a hickey.
8.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of a Hickey
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and soothing qualities. It reduces the skin sensitivity to the affected area and speeds up the healing process.
- Take aloe vera leaf and cut it into pieces to extract the gel of aloe vera. Massage this gel on the affected area. Use this remedy two to three times a day.
- If you don’t have aloe vera plant in your house. You can use aloe vera based lotion and cream. Apply this on the affected area two to three times a day for three days.
9.) Rubbing Alcohol to Treat a Hickey
Rubbing alcohol is just the right ingredient for you if just only a few hours have passed since you got a hickey. It works as a disinfectant, it has soothing and cooling properties that can help you to get rid of a hickey fast.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the solution of rubbing alcohol.
- Apply this on the affected area and rub the area gently for several minutes. This method will help to minimize any discomfort caused by hickey.
- Rubbing alcohol can dry your skin, so it’s better to apply some moisturizer on the area after you are done.
- Use this several times a day to get rid of a hickey.
10.) Banana Peel to Cure a Hickey
Banana peel has cooling as well as soothing properties. It can minimize your hickey fast. Moreover, it has a sufficient nutrients that help to improve the blood circulation.
- Cut the peel of banana and place in on the affected area for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Do this two to three times a day. It will help to reduce the appearance of the bruise