Blisters are fluid-filled underneath the skin, caused due to friction injury or freezing. You may get them on your feet after walking around in shoes that are too tight, or on your hands after spending a day shoveling in the garden. It is actually the body’s way to repair the skin and protect it. Chemical exposure, sunburn, allergic reaction, exposure to extreme temperature are the causes of blisters. A number of medical conditions like chicken pox, impetigo and diabetes can also cause foot blister. Depending on the cause of location, a blister can form in different sizes. Other common symptoms include red and tender skin, pain swelling and inflammation. For more information, this article to get rid of a blister.
Ways to Get Rid of a Blister:
1.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of a Blister
Aloe Vera is a natural healer and very effective in treating blisters. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce swelling and redness. It also to keeps the skin hydrated and heals blister faster and it reduces the risk of infection.
- Take Aloe Vera leaf and cut into pieces to extract the gel. Apply this fresh Aloe Vera gel on the blister and let it dry on its own. Leave it for a few minutes then rinse it off with warm water.
- Or you can try another option. Prepare a mixture using equal amounts of Aloe Vera gel and vitamin E oil. Apply this mixture on the blister and allow it to dry on its own. Then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for 3 or 4 days to get rid of a blister.
2.) Green Tea to Treat a Blister
Anti-inflammatory compounds present in green tea help to reduce pain and swelling associated with blisters. Green tea also contains several antioxidants and vitamins that will help the blisters heal quickly. It is an effective remedy to get rid of a blister.
- Put a green tea bag in one cup of hot water and let it steep for about 5 minutes. Remove the tea bag and allow it to cool. Then put the moist tea bag on the blister and leave it for a few minutes.
- Use this remedy 4 to 5 times a day for a few days to get rid of a blister.
- You can also drink green tea 2 or 3 times daily to speed up the healing process.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Blister
Apple cider vinegar not only helpful for your overall heath but it is also a very effective remedy to treat blisters due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It can help to prevent infection and reduce pain and inflammation.
- You need to dip a cotton ball into the solution of apple cider vinegar. Gently apply it around the affected area and let it dry on its own. If it stings, then you can dilute the apple cider vinegar with water first.
- Or another option is, mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon of onion paste. Apply the mixture on the blister, allow it to dry on its own, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use this remedy once or twice a day for a few days to get rid of the blister.
4.) Epsom Salt to Cure a Blister
Epsom salt is an easy and safe way to get rid of blisters. It is a very effective remedy to treat a blister, it helps to dry out an un-popped blister and encourage it to drain. Epsom salt is high in magnesium, which helps to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling. It also prevents infection caused by a blister.
- Add one to two tablespoons of Epsom salt too in a warm water and mix it well.
- Apply this solution on the affected area and let it dry on its own. Then rinse it with warm water and apply a coating of vitamin E oil and petroleum jelly.
- Use this remedy once a day for a few days to get rid of a blister.
- Once the blister will pop the Epsom salt may sting so don’t use this remedy.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of a Blister
Tea tree oil is a popular remedy and it contains powerful antimicrobial properties. It is also used to treat viral, bacterial and fungal infections. Tea tree oil has astringent as well as antibacterial properties that help to treat blisters. It can even reduce the risk of an infection. You can also use it to treat rough skin, sores, boils, warts, acne and much other skins related problem.
- Mix one part tea tree oil with three parts of any vegetable oil or plain water.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
- Use this remedy two to three times a day for a few days.
- You can also use an ointment made with tea tree oil to get rid of a blister.
6.) Chamomile to Treat a Blister
Chamomile has been using as a remedy for centuries. It is very effective and has been known to help induce sleep, relieve an upset stomach improve the immune system and ease pain from menstrual cramps as well. Topical application of chamomile can help to treat numerous skin related problems including blister. It has the ability to reduce inflammation. It also has soothing as well as healing properties and can help to ease the pain and swelling of the blister. Chamomile is very effective to get rid of a blister.
- Make a cup of chamomile tea and let it cool to room temperature.
- Dip a cotton ball in it and wring out the excess moisture.
- Apply this cotton ball on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Use this remedy several times a day to get relief from pain and itchiness.
7.) Turmeric to Get Rid of a Blister
It helps the health in so many ways. It is mainly known for its anti-inflammatory properties which make a suitable remedy to treat a blister. Curcumin is the compound present in turmeric responsible for its anti-inflammatory property.
- Mix half teaspoon of turmeric powder with pure rose water or enough amount of water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the blister, leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a day for a few days.
- Or you put one teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of milk. Drink this glass of milk before going to bed to speed the healing process.
8.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of a Blister
Witch hazel is used to treat a wide range of health problems. It also helps to brighten to the skin around the eyes. Relieving hemorrhoids, easing a sore throat. It also helps to treat a blister. Witch hazel can soothe inflammation and stimulate skin regeneration with its tannins. It has also been proven effective in promoting healing and regeneration of the skin following an injury.
- Take a bowl and put 5 drops of turmeric oil in it then add 1 teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and add one teaspoon of witch hazel in it.
- Spread a thin layer of this mixture on your skin.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
- Use this remedy twice a day for two weeks to get rid of blisters.
9.) Vitamin E oil to Get Rid of a Blister
Vitamin E oil is very effective, you can also treat any kind of blister with vitamin E oil. It moisturizes the skin, which in turn relieves from itchiness. It also facilitates the healing process and prevents scarring.
- Open a vitamin E capsule and extract the oil from it.
- Mix it with an equal amount of calendula oil or olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on the blister and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Use this remedy once or twice a day for a week to see a positive result.
10.) Castor Oil to Treat Blister
This is a very effective remedy to get rid of a blister. Castor oil keeps the affected area moisturized. This in turn, reduces itchiness and helps the healing process. Simply apply some castor oil on the blister and leave it on overnight. Rinse it off next morning with warm water. Use this remedy for 2 to 3 days, the blister will soon dry out.
- Or you can also use another option, mix ½ cup of white vinegar with 3 teaspoons of castor oil.
- Rub this solution gently on the blister several times a day for a few days to treat a blister.